Australian Events and Rides - Melbourne, VIC

Another glorious day of biking was had! Mark and Arran on singlespeeds and me on a fat unwieldy modern bastard of a bike. Damn I felt unfit today! At least i know what to dial in now, 1, stem is too long, 2, bars waaaaaaaaay too wide, 3 Seat too far forward and high. oh and 4, stop eating pies and get some fitness. Shakes fist at winter fat... Other than that, had a great day, glorious weather, trails were dusty and dry and the coffee was good. I am pretty sure I heard my retro bikes hiss at me when i came home, sorry guys next time haha,

Sounds like it was a good day, have they opened up any more trails at Lyster yet?

I'm glad to say my Sunday wasn't completely bike free, I found this GT Talera in the furniture section of my local Op shop.
96 Vintage I think, most of the drive chain is now rust so it will be a single speed conversion / commuter. Not bad for 20 bucks...

DSC_0001_406-1.jpg

def37c86.jpg

fa3cb4b9.jpg

75200e6f.jpg

:cool:

...but none of me... coz watching Pfennig with a camera (to quote the great Rip Torn) is like watching a ret@ard trying to f*%k a doorknob. :D

Nowt wrong with a good doorknob... :p I tried my best!

A good ride today, singlespeed up hills always takes it out of the legs though. And with some fettling I'm sure Skinny will be lapping at a much faster pace!

Good work! Didn't see any roo's today funnily enough, that rental helmet was going to be sacrificed to the cause if we did haha.

Weather forecast looks good this weekend anyone up for some new trails? I fancy going up to Buxton/Lake Mountain.

Back