New old bike Raleigh m-trax 1000l

max3d

Dirt Disciple
hi I have just bought a 1990s raleigh m-trax 1000 l, it is in ok condition i think. i am wondering if it is worth doing up. I bought it because I am wanting a lighter bike for road use, as my over sized MTB is a little too heavy. so any advice would be great. I would also need advice on where to buy the parts for this bike (without breaking the bank) The other question is if i do it up and don't get on with it would it have any value to sell on. Thanks in advance

i have uploaded more pics but need 5 posts inorder to post the links to them so if needed please DM me

Attachments

• mtrax1000.jpg
    mtrax1000.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 5,915
i changed the bars now im just looking for some grips as the others are too short due to being cut down and i think the rest will remain as is

once my arm has healed i shall be trying it out on some rides, if i cant get along with the bike I will be open to offers :) so if someone is interested give me a shout

lol are you here all week ? ;) no i need a hybrid more, but thanks for trying to be funny :) always good for one of those :)

bikemeister2000":33czvojy said:
I think the only change needed is the bars to flat ones. Nice bike

Lovely bike

And yes, dump the risers as quickly as possible ;) they're not doing its looks any good.

new bars fitted, I am going to take her out today to see if i can get used to her.

Attachments

• mtrax3.jpg
    mtrax3.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 5,539
Back