1988 Marin Pine Mountain

Antstark":3spfm9w3 said:
The pink fork 'MTB' logo is still something I have not thought about...if I can get an old Tange catalogue with a pic I may be able to get one knocked up

great info, cheers for sharing

looks like a whole lot of (enjoying) work!

will follow this build with interest :D

Jeez. I just looked at the date on this .... I really need to crack on with mine. I have managed to source the correct seatpost now and the elusive pink tange fork sticker.

Have you still got yours Harry ?

Hello there, yes I also need to get moving and have the fork decal and correct prestige badge ready. I thought you had sold yours?

Nah, I picked up an 18" one last year, just for the seat post (as you do). Thats the one I sold on here.

Still got the 16" waiting to be sprayed. :D

HarryCrumb":20vg1qhk said:
Hello there, yes I also need to get moving and have the fork decal and correct prestige badge ready. I thought you had sold yours?

Here are a couple of pics of my smaller Pine Mountain in action in the snow last winter

This one was cleaned up, and given a once over with some T-cut followed by the addition of a couple of missing decals supplied by Gil.
The plan with this one was to build it up with Deore XT M730 6 speed, note the rings in the pics are MT62 Deore, but these have just been replaced with some nice M730 one which appeared in the for sale section

I'll stick up some better pics soon as it is now with the new chainrings

That's splendid! and it looks a darn sight nicer than when you first got it :D I forgot you had straight forks on that one. Do you think they are original ?

Cheers, I will add some close ups of the forks, but I think they are pre Kona project twos. I've seen pics of Team Titaniums with Forks llike that too.

Back