97 Kona Kilauea - Gulf Colours

Sorry for the delay, I have been working away and finally here it is, I am very pleased with the outcome and have a few tweaks that I want to add to bring it in line with what I want. I have new chainrings, grips and possibly a black saddle to get. I have ridden it and it feels great, I have no idea on the weight but sure CCE will asist with a weigh it :LOL:

So......... I have not gone for XTR as this one is gunna get ridden and not pimped about on nice days ;) I have gone for mostly XT M737 with a blend of Hope and Thomson. Tyres took a bit of faffing with, I tried blackwalls, then grey schwables which I thought would go with the scheme but didnt :roll: and eventually tried my Fire XC's in amberwall and here we are............... (awaits the remarks)

Also to add to the mix is my 1st build of a set of a set of wheels, I wanted black hubs and black rims but had oposites in the collection Black on silver and silver on black :? So dissembled and built them this way, I must put the silver set back together soon.......

Anyway, I hope you all like and I hope to ride it at the next retrobike meet.

001-12.jpg

002-13.jpg

003-15.jpg

004-18.jpg

008-14.jpg

009-11.jpg

006-12.jpg

005-14.jpg

hey GM that looks great! :cool:

sensible usable spec aswel, stuff that won't let you down. you gonna be at the next national on that?

Cheers Jon, sure am, will be on this come rain or shine, It will be novel having brakes and round chainrings for once :LOL:

Fantastic Mr gravymonster !! Get a black saddle on it and its complete ! What shifters are you using fella ?

Top draw pal , well done! :cool:

Cheers Woody :cool:

I will put a black un on and see !

Shifters :oops: not very good ones, LX 9 speed with windows removed, one of the little bits I want to swap when the right priced ones appear :oops:

Back