Morati ti crank

scant":3gmflb8d said:
anyone else remeber the mrazek MBA test covered in moratti ti parts? :)

Yup. Think the same one got tested in Mountain Bike too, in a "weird bikes" set of tests.

pete_mcc":3hbov20o said:
so come on trend spotters, what's the next part that's going to make a mint despite being distictly ordinary??

FAT chance barend plugs, original price about $2, tend to make $50 a set on evilbay. stock FAT jerseys have made over $120, even single FAT downtube decals have made $110..

current ebay UK? check out yeti-cols turquoise yeti grips...

That Morati frame won't go for much - it's just another Ti frame. The cranks, on the other hand, are more or less unique in being the only welded Ti cranks, and super light with it. Every pair on the 'Bay over the past 4 years has gone for more money than the previous pair, and every time I've passed them up as they have a reputation for failure. It's real silly season on eBay right now though, everything seems to be selling for more than it should, not just bike parts.

Simon":2slvi8t9 said:
That Morati frame won't go for much - it's just another Ti frame. The cranks, on the other hand, are more or less unique in being the only welded Ti cranks, and super light with it.
Its crazy when a set of cranks that have a reputation for cracking go for more than the frame probably will, the detailing on the frame is lovely. Then again some people will pay $$$ for boxed star wars action figures so wtf do I know.

stevet1":kgt9xi1v said:
Simon":kgt9xi1v said:
That Morati frame won't go for much - it's just another Ti frame. The cranks, on the other hand, are more or less unique in being the only welded Ti cranks, and super light with it.
Its crazy when a set of cranks that have a reputation for cracking go for more than the frame probably will, the detailing on the frame is lovely. Then again some people will pay $$$ for boxed star wars action figures so wtf do I know.

been sent links in the past to fishing reels making £15K ...

must be a formula in there somewhere;

when demand> supply x infinity , ebay price = right your own cheque :LOL:

we should keep a list of these & create the mega priccey ebay virtual bike :LOL:
so far:
morati ti cranks
onza ti barends
FAT end plugs
FAT rigid forks
white onza porcs
yeti turquoise grips

guessing at other parts:
precision mechs & shifters,
anything else?

we should keep a list of these & create the mega priccey ebay virtual bike

But these items are purchased as parts - I'll bet a complete bike with a set of those on wouldn't have made as much money because at this level it's chequebook riders who want a particular part. Buying and splitting up a bike to get a component is too involved for them.

Back