1988 Marin Pine Mountain

It is bloody marvellous.

Looking forward to seeing it done.

Yum yum.

I would be tempted to tidy it up and ride it a while before doing a full restoration. But then I am a lazzzzzzzzyyyyyy git!

:)

Encouraging to see progress.

I am too busy to join the fun just yet. Although I may present a picture of my complete Pine Mountain awaiting the 'treatment'.

Expect nothing less than factory correct for myself.

Yes pls! Can you tell me what the original spec was for the seat post and saddle....the one on mine was swapped/lifted from an 88 muddy fox. Early pics look like it was a fluted road bike post.

Decals remade by Gil_M (who else) - obviously they are still under their protective covers

P9231090.jpg

P9231101.jpg

P9231091.jpg

Looks great! Very interesting. Actually, my first mtb ever was a marin bear valley se with lx and stx rc. Great bike.

Antstark":1xkj07jm said:
Yes pls! Can you tell me what the original spec was for the seat post and saddle....the one on mine was swapped/lifted from an 88 muddy fox. Early pics look like it was a fluted road bike post.

I think the post would have been a fluted one, SR etc and 26.4. The saddle maybe Velo, as thats what they used just after, I ll check my Palisades saddle also, but I suppose an Avocet would also be at home on there if you were stuck. I need 190mm of post plus the bit going into the frame, so you 'll need even more than that!!!

Headset locknut arrived yest' from Ant, and it's mint so that bit is sorted, thanks for your kind help on this.

Antstark":3nvf1fwc said:
Decals remade by Gil_M (who else) - obviously they are still under their protective covers

decals look good, are they same colour as the stem ones, and have you an old pic of your original stem decal, was is exactly the same as that, size etc. Have a look at my stem in the Palisades thread.
What are your plans with the Tange Decal?

kaos":3tuicqtw said:
Looks great! Very interesting. Actually, my first mtb ever was a marin bear valley se with lx and stx rc. Great bike.

cheers, nice place of the world you live there.
eg elske norge ;)

Pics of the stem as was ..... decal is the same size.

Prestige logo...I had one knocking about but I currently have no idea where it is....often the way when you put things 'somewhere safe'. If I can't find it (which is likley) then an order with velocals will be the only option.

PC230148.jpg

and here are the measurements I gave to Gil_M

MarinPine88measurments.jpg

The pink fork 'MTB' logo is still something I have not thought about...if I can get an old Tange catalogue with a pic I may be able to get one knocked up

Back