What is your best retro bargain ?

gaf16, have you seen lock stock & 2 smoking barrels? theres a line that applys to you:
"its a deal, its a steal, its sale of the f'kin century" ;D

best bargains I can think of is my Cook bros stem for £10, green King headset NOS for £24, grafton shifter perches for £25.

Don't know if its my best bargin, but my most recent...

Just picked up a 94 Zaskar LE Team with ringle wheels, ringle skewers, Judy XC, Paul cantis, xt with cnc pulleys and hyperlite bar for 100 american.

I bought it for the blue ringle bits, fork with AC products brace, and blue bar. The frame, USA made GT crank, and a few other pieces I posted on Ebay yesterday to pay for the stuff I'm keeping. Hopefully, it'll be a wash...now that's a deal!

cheers,

rody

My best bargains were...........

2x sets campag 8spd thumbies (NIB)
1x XC-pro rear mech (new)
1x set XT sti 8's set (new)
2x Pace front sus Hubs (NIB)
1x set deore M9 Sti (NON RETRO MIND)(New)

from the pace clearout stand @ York Cycle rally for only £55.00 the lot :D

Also bought some S/H DX + XT thumbies in like new condition for £15.00 (they were sold to me with the description of 'about as useful as donkey shi*') :x .

- Box brake levers (new) for £30

- Sunn titanium frameset for £550. Included Sunn carbon forks, Proshift rear mech, xtr front mech, Easton CT2 post, Race face ti BB, FSA headset, STM stem

- Ibis ti Mojo frame for £440

- Flite Evo 1 for £10 (from a mate though)

- Ringlé stem (black, 120mm, 1-1/.8th) for £17 - that was last week :D

Agree the web's transparency makes it harder to find bargains - but on the other hand you're much more likely to find what you are looking for.

retrobikeguy":290ikaqx said:
Also bought some S/H DX + XT thumbies in like new condition for £15.00 (they were sold to me with the description of 'about as useful as donkey shi*') :x .

That's karma :D
This york cycleshow sounds like it might be worth a visit.

The ibis ti for £440 also sounds like a bit of a steal.

Back