Tour of Dunfermlines "hot spots" - Sunday 25th Sep

On the day of an organised ride getting ups nae bother, too excited :oops:
Staying awake post ride now thats my problem plus getting up any other day than for a ride :LOL:

velomaniac":z9jlcjf4 said:
On the day of an organised ride getting ups nae bother, too excited :oops:
Staying awake post ride now thats my problem plus getting up any other day than for a ride :LOL:

with you on that velo ,never really sleep before a day out

grand. ok so looks like a 9am start from my hoose.

tea/coffee will be served from 8.30am for the early arrivals lol.

ok ye twisted ma arm.

i consider it penitence for pestering ye about LTS/lights.........

bacon rolls will be served afore 9am - save taking a marsbar on ride.

I'm fancy of this as it sounds promising, that coffe and bacon rools especially :D But have another plans for Sunday plus 3h bike ride and M8 return can be a overkill for me. Have a good fun chaps!

Well I'm definately not going to make this now, my Bullseyes have just eaten yet another set of hollowtech bearings. Going to try the tapered kind form Superstars next. I can't believe I'm missing all these "local" rides.

The Ken":yjud9f95 said:
Well I'm definately not going to make this now, my Bullseyes have just eaten yet another set of hollowtech bearings. Going to try the tapered kind form Superstars next. I can't believe I'm missing all these "local" rides.
Bummer, sounds like a bloody hassle - had mixed results with the modern stuff - I like the Hollowtech II gear, but the SRAM GXP stuff... bah, doesn't bloody last.

I'd be inclined to keep the bullseyes for high days and photoshoots and just XT / square taper my way to troublefree cycling the rest of the time.

And surely there must be something from mikee's fleet that would suit you sir?

A set of hope bearings last a year others around 6 months so it is not too bad, and I'm hoping the taper bearings will solve the issue of side load that the others can't cope with. I need to side load them slightly to make them fit.

Back