Gazelle Champion Mondial AB

Tom91

Devout Dirtbag
Hi guys,

Another thread inspired by jCymbal's Gazelle restoration thread, i thought i would post my project on here for my own benefit (if i run into any problems) and for anyone else who's doing something similar.

Finally got myself a Gazelle after talking about it for months and really happy with the frame i bought. I also have an almost complete Athena 7 speed groupset (minus hubs and bb and pedals from the same group) and in process of getting an Athena headset.

Downside is being a skint student it may take me a little bit longer to finish, and i won't be able to afford some of the parts i would really like for this for a little while.

Here are a couple of photos.

IMG_1887.jpg

IMG_1889.jpg

Any info anyone can offer about the frame would be great, i think it might be 1988.

Cheers :D

Finally got to see it. :cool:

Yes, you're right about the date. Looks just like my gazelle only with a different paint scheme. What's the size?

Nice looking Gazelle frameset.

Still got to finish my Merckx Corsa Extra build, but have had one eye on Gazelle 531c frames as a future build.

What with this, The RIH and the Merckx Builds, looks like a Benelux Love-In.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Finally got to see it. Cool

Yes, you're right about the date. Looks just like my gazelle only with a different paint scheme. What's the size?

Yeh, i thought it must be the same date as yours.
Seatube measures 57cm and toptube measures 55.5cm.

Still got to finish my Merckx Corsa Extra build, but have had one eye on Gazelle 531c frames as a future build.

What with this, The RIH and the Merckx Builds, looks like a Benelux Love-In.

I know :D
I definately like the thought of a RIH for future project.

Quick question with regard to a chain. What 7 speed chain would work best with a campag 7 speed group?

Any info would be great.

Also pictures will be up soon as I'm hopefully due to finish this build this weekend....at last!

Finished!....for now!

Definately going to replace the saddle, i've seen lots of Gazelles with Rolls but i really want my own Brooks.
Also i'll probably get and Cinelli XA to replace the 1A which is abit battered.

DSCN5105.jpg

Nice

It looks really nice.
It looked nice just as a frame set but that has come up really smart once built. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Jamie

Back