• Google+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another bike site

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Stelios
Retro Bike: Haro Escape A2 1997, Race Face stem, bars & seatpost, XT V-brakes, STX-RC Groupset, Suntour MG-91 Suspension
Modern Bike: OnOne 456 Summer Season, Marzochi 55 160 mm forks, SRAM X7 transmission, Stroker Trail brakes (203mm front, 180mm rear), FSA dual ring crankset with chainguide and bashguard.
Riding Style: All mountain (with modern bike). City - light XC (with retro bike).

DBR Axis TT

hi Adrian, I don't often look @ the introduce yourself section but noticed your post - same County & I have a '94 Axis TT in black which is a lovely bike to ride. Get yours fixed-up & bring it on my 2nd Oct SW region retrobike ride starting @ top of Telegraph Hill & taking in some great trails I have worked into a 3 hour loop.
Any parts you need for the re-commission?

Evening...

Im just getting back into mountain bikes after buying a kona the other week, had a couple in the late 90's, then passed my driving test, then I got into bmx's and stopped a few years back, bought another kona the other week to try and loose some weight.

Chris

How do, just found this place while looking for info on my latest cycle purchase and thought I'd join in. Got a fair few old bikes about the place including 2 90's mtb's, a Muddy Fox Explorer and a 99 Orange Patriot which is not that retro really.

Jumped straight in to do a post on the Muddy Fox but having trouble due to post count and trying to post pics I think?

Catch ya later
Will

Hi all. i'm dan from scarborough england. i had rebuilt a old 96 zaskar le frame i had with up to date parts like hope techx2 brakes. anyway my mate who i used to ride with as a teenager came out on a 92 trek 990. i had a go and fell in love with the feel and nostalgia. now i own a 92 gt avalanche, the 96 zaskar le and i have a 92 zaskar le coming next week. yep im a gt fan boy but i loved em back in the day. anyway i hope to be getting more bikes soon.[/img]

Good aftertnoon Gents and Gentesses :D

I'm really a petrol head but have a thing for mtb's too, currently have a GT STS-1 and Orange P7 sao thought I'd say hi!

I signed up today looking for some advise on a Fork upgrade on my sisters Raleigh that I bought her but then got sidetracked when I kept seeing all these wonderfull bikes from my teens.

As a teenager (14) my dream bike was a 1992 GT Avalance but I never got one and now I've sumbled across this site I want one again :)

My current fun ride is a 2010 Cube AMS PRO125 and my commuter was a 2006 Kona Caldera although I sold the frame last week to make way for a nice Carbon 456 which I'm hoping to purchase over the winter months.

I've got back into biking big time (now in my early 30's) and loving everything about it.

My bike history is
Raleigh Mustang
Cygnal something (1991)
Specialized Hard Rock (199:cool:
Claud Butler Cape Wrath Disc (2004)
Cannondale F6 (2010)
Cube AMS Pro 125 (2010)
2006 Kona Caldera Frame with Deore & XT components (2011)

hi there,

I´ve been in mtb since 1996. Back then I had a great Marin Bobcat Trail, which I updated every now and then, eventually turning it into a Kona Kula 1998, and now a Giant Xtc Composite 2005, that is now my main training bike.

The Kula went to a friend and is now travelling and doing lots of Km's. Tha Marin got crappy parts, but now it's improving, with all the parts coming from my main bike. I have lots of spare parts around, hope they can get a new home.

Now i´m very into reducing weight, but without reducing any performance or comfortability, and I´d like to turn the Marin into a city bike for my hometown.

Meanwhile I´ve had lots and lots of city bikes, and now a fixed here in the netherlands, my adoptive country for 3 years now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back