1988 Marin Palisades Trail

HarryCrumb

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
1988 Marin Palisades Trail

An honest battered early Marin, but just good enough to leave as it is.

Frame:Marin Palisades Trail Tange MTB tubing

Fork: Marin/Spinner

Headset: Hatta Vesta
Stem: Marin steel
Handlebar:ITM up-sweep
Grips:Foam
Barends:None

Brakes: Shimano Exage Trail
Brake Pads: Shimano
Brake Cables:Metal ones
Cantilever cable hangers:Shimano
Brake Levers:Shimano Exage Trail

Shifters:Shimano Exage Trail Thumb Shifters
Front Derailleur:Shimano Exage Trail
Rear Derailleur:Shimano Exage Trail
Derailleur Cables: metal ones
Cassette:Shimano HG 70
Chain:Taya
Cranks:Shimano Exage Trail
Crank Bolts:Shimano
Chainrings: Shiamno Exage Trail Bio-Pace
Chainring bolts:Shimano Chrome
Bottom Bracket:Shimano Sealed
Pedals:Shiamno Exage Trail

Hub Skewers:Shimano
Rims: ARAYA
Hubs:Front Hub Joytech, Rear Hub Shimano Deore XT-II M732 7 speed Hyperglide
Nipples:Brass
Spokes: DT
Tyres: Marin Rock Star
Tubes:Rubber ones

Saddle: Marin OEM type
Seatpost: A stuck one
Seatpost Binder:QR steel

myphone181.jpg

myphone180.jpg

myphone200.jpg

myphone199.jpg

myphone182.jpg

myphone198.jpg

myphone187.jpg

myphone188.jpg

myphone189.jpg

myphone190.jpg

myphone191.jpg

myphone192.jpg

myphone193.jpg

myphone195.jpg

myphone196.jpg

myphone183.jpg

myphone184.jpg

myphone186.jpg

Picture taken by drystonepaul at the Cannock national event
RB-Cannock_01-1.jpg

Superb! Exactly the same as my first proper MTB after the Emmelle and the Falcon... :cool:

If you ever want to sell it could I have first refusal? Pretty please...

There was another recently in Chelmsford that went quite reasonably but 'collect only' and I just didn't have the time to go get it... :(

marin palisades.

a nice early marin! getting rare.

marin stuck with that colour scheme for ages where the forks and stem matched each other but not the frame.

good one martin. :cool: did you have to replace the bottom bracket for a sealed one or, already done? is there still no budge in the seatpost?

We_are_Stevo":317nu5xi said:
Superb! Exactly the same as my first proper MTB after the Emmelle and the Falcon... :cool:

If you ever want to sell it could I have first refusal? Pretty please...

There was another recently in Chelmsford that went quite reasonably but 'collect only' and I just didn't have the time to go get it... :(

will do, can't see me getting rid though.

Re: marin palisades.

marc two tone":3swmjyyd said:
a nice early marin! getting rare.

marin stuck with that colour scheme for ages where the forks and stem matched each other but not the frame.

good one martin. :cool: did you have to replace the bottom bracket for a sealed one or, already done? is there still no budge in the seatpost?

cheers, I changed the bb, but have the other in a bag, the axle is a bit rough where the bearings go though

the seat post has had some oil added over time and a bit of force, luckily its at a good height for me, i'll sort it one day.

I owned an 88 Palisades Trail as my second MTB back in 1990; bought it second hand from a Free Ads Paper.. Loved it.. And love this one too!!

Yeah, I've been on the lookout for one for ages; was gutted when I couldn't have the one that came up on eBay in Chelmsford - only went for about £40 or thereabouts! :(

If I went back to Norwich and saw the guys whose shop I bought mine from BITD I'd get "Heeeee-ey Mr Marin" as soon as I walked through the door, even though it's 20 years past... :D

Nice......I had a black Bear Valley of exactly the same vintage with u-brake - one of the best bikes I've ever owned.

muppetman":woiuehai said:
Nice......I had a black Bear Valley of exactly the same vintage with u-brake - one of the best bikes I've ever owned.

Nice, not seen one of those yet, so far palisadels Trail, Pine Mountain, Team Marin, and Team Titanium Marin, are the only early one I have seen.

Back