Sintesi Hale-Bopp - 1997

Yeah - the day was pretty much ideal weather-wise. A bit dull in the morning - while we slogged up that monster hill. Then bright and sunny - ideal.
I managed a 5:54 - pretty pleased with that given the conditions and being a E2E virgin.

Pretty much identical time to me! Although I was way to blinkered in the event to look at people/bikes/views

5:53:30 over the line..... again it was my first e2e, and only second event this year (planned more, its just not happened)

My Sintesi is less retro now, with 2005 Fox Forks, jucy rear and elixer front brake, use/flite repalced with modern post/selle seat. So basically just the frame - lol

Pics here
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... c8e&type=1

My RH SPD wouldnt clip in for the last bit - from checkpoint 3, which was very annoying on both climbs and descents :(

Planning on doing the Calderdale Enduro in early Sept, hopefully will be easy compared to the e2e!
http://www.cmbm.org.uk/

Small world indeed - 5:54:36 for me.
Bizarre how I kept on seeing your Sintesi
- and then we finish a minute apart.

Did you have to wait a while for your bike at the bus station? I helped unload the bikes from the lorry and think I may have seen your bike again then.

My XC is still fairly retro - frame was a '99 build - Pace RC36 ProClass2 - Hope brakes (MonoMini?) 8spd XT drivetrain.
Concessions to non-retro - Fox RP23 shock :) and Thomson Seatpost & stem.

yeah, waited a while my mate went back to hotel for shower, then swapped, so I wasnt there at the unload.

did you keep seeing me in the event? I did keep getting passed on climbs and then making up some ground on descents so some people did keep coming past me and vice versa.

Didn't notice you during the event - just round and about Douglas really.

Yeah - yoyo'd around a few riders furing the ride.

This bike has now lost all its remaining retro-ness .. well apart from the frame.

Judy's replaced with 2005 Fox 100/130R
Classic Hope brakes replaced by modern Avid Elixer/Juicy
Use/Flite gone for modern Tru/Selle.
SPD's need replacing as are falling apart (gone through 3 rights 1 left running out of spares)

That said its getting plenty of use!

Are you going back to the E2E this year?

The MrXC is undergoing a weight loss program - it's lost 2kg :)

I haven't entered, no.
I have entered the Megavalanche and Scottish Downhill series ... I'm not sure how that happened.....

I've also entered Nutcracker XC Rd1 & Whinlatter Challenge the latter being this weekend. And will be doing as much as I can generally.

If theres a place available for the E2E later int he year, I could have my arm twisted to do it, crist if I could have my arm twisted for the Mega then I'm well gullible!

Back