My Saracen Kili Comp - remodelled in a kinda Cruiser stylee

Just a brief update as I have far too many things on the go at once! :LOL:

P1040233.jpg

Had to agree that with the brown Ourys there were just too many mis-matched shades going on. Tried the white Ourys but just too white! (The Flite being much more of a dirty cream than white...)

Decided to go with the black Ritchey TrueGrips for now; changed the Hyperlite bar for a Reynolds 501 as I'm hoping the steel bar will take a bit of the sting out of the trail buzz over the super-stiff alloy Hyper's as I want to keep it rigid?

Xt thumbies and X-Lite ski-bends is about as far as it goes so far...

Hmmmm, so much for my snazzy Crank Case BB;

Would have helped no end if I'd noticed it's a 73mm shell on this frame!

Luckily I had a 118x73mm LX in the shed... :roll:

coomber":17s6ua62 said:
is it 73? I never checked mine I assumed 68! Sorry for bad advice!

Nah, don't sweat it. My fault for not checking; even more so as I knew my e-stay frame was a 73mm! :roll:

That's why I had the spare BB; it was originally for the other frame but then I picked up a UN74 dirt cheap.

Which reminds me, I must pick up another alloy non-drive side cup for the other Un74 I have to go in the Raleigh...

Finally managed to get a bit further with the Kili;

After rummaging through my parts bins I cobbled together an acceptable chainset out of three others...

...this is actually the second-best 'set; the best is now on my e-stay special (more of which at a later date).

P1040292.jpg

I going to use a black chain on this one so a quick trip to Halfords for a Clarks 7-speed chain is in the offing.

The XT canti's are waiting to go on next then all I have to do is cable it up (Clarks again...) and it'll be ready for its shake-down ride... :D

Just finished fitting the brakes; almost there...

P1040293.jpg

...just waiting for a 'finishing touch' to arrive in the Post :cool:

Ride pix to follow later this week :D

Back