Aende, back on the road.

Seadodger

Retro Newbie
Hi All,

New to the forum so though i would just say hi and post a pic of my Aende. I think i bought this from Pongo around 1984 and fitted it out with 600 ex components bit by bit as i saved up. Stored at home for the last 25 years. So glad i kept hold of it now. Just finished getting it back on the road, just needed a good clean up and new cables etc.

Have a 96 Cannondale M900 to in bright yellow. No suspension, hard tail. Will have to get a pic of that posted in the MTB section as it thinks its retro to now.

hopefully the photo attachment will work!

Attachments

• aende.jpg
    aende.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 964
Nice

Thats a really lovely looking ride, awfully tall mind ;) but nice.
Its always nice to see a machine that somebody has had from new, obviously well loved and looked after.
Jamie

Bloomin' eck, you must be tall!!

Nice to read a similar story to mine. My Raleigh Gran Tour, bought as a new frame in mid 80s, is back on the road after 20+ years in storage in my garage. Mine was also built up with some 600 but a mish mash of other stuff too.

Unlike yours, mine is a well-worn winter bike but still as good to ride as on day one.

It's a great feeling (not just nostalgia) to bring an old bike back into commission and realise that it's still a very good bike! Get out there on it and enjoy it!

you're are all dead right about it being a Tall ride. I am close to 6'8" so finding a bike that fits is a real struggle. Not sure if i would be able to find a modern alternative off the peg, or would have to go down the custom route again.

I got out on the Aende and had a good ride yesterday. Felt weird after riding a MTB for such a while. Still fun though and look forward to getting some more miles done.

Back