Saracen Trekker '88.

Re: Trekkies!

tangent":1jy0yi4d said:
Ah splendid...great to see this, and also those vintage pics also. :cool:

My Dad & I started out on Christmas day 1988 on the first of many mtb.adventures on these excellent, excellent bikes!... :D

FYI there's a review of the bike in MBUK Vol 1. No. 3
(Overburys v. Saracen v. Scott)

Yes, I have seen that but a hi res scan in of the full article via email would be much appreciated if you have it by any chance??

MBUK

I do have it somewhere...might take me awhile to dig out...might even inspire me to rebuild my own Trekker :)

Which trekker do you have? I am keen to get hold of another, especially a 19inch frame?????

Oh, and that article would be great if you can be bothered, let me know and I'll send my email address.

And then I have put on some lightter/narrower wheels (swapped off of my kili) and some nearly slick tyres.

Attachments

• c.jpg
    c.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 825
And the final bit of streamlining, I added the Scott AT4's.

Opinions please....I am not sure I have done the right thing, its ok for an experiment but I think I will soon put it all back to how it was.

This would make an ideal winter training bike but seeing as I never do any training its a bit pointless! I really like riding it as it was so will put it back to original in a week or so.

Attachments

• d.jpg
    d.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 821
That set up didn't do it for me!! Its put back to original again now and I think it will stay like it.

MBUK Trekker review

Which trekker do you have? I am keen to get hold of another, especially a 19inch frame?????

Oh, and that article would be great if you can be bothered, let me know and I'll send my email address.

Have the same 1988 Trekkers as you do (18")
I think the one to search for would be the 1989 vintage (green) when the U-brake was moutned on the seatstay...

Have found the MBUK Vol1.#3 now, and by coincidence next in the same pile was another isssue of MBUK (Vol3.#3) I'd been thinking about featuring a Saracen Trekker fitted with RockShox in a test against a Stumpjumper with a Flextstem :cool:

When I get my scanner hooked up, will email ya them.
PM you email!

Re: MBUK Trekker review

tangent":3l2ed12w said:

Have the same 1988 Trekkers as you do (18")
I think the one to search for would be the 1989 vintage (green) when the U-brake was moutned on the seatstay...

Have found the MBUK Vol1.#3 now, and by coincidence next in the same pile was another isssue of MBUK (Vol3.#3) I'd been thinking about featuring a Saracen Trekker fitted with RockShox in a test against a Stumpjumper with a Flextstem :cool:

When I get my scanner hooked up, will email ya them.
PM you email!

I am also after a 19" with seatstay U brake so if you find a stash of three be sure to let me know!

Latest posts

Back