My modern Trimble Update

WD Pro":kvtzq2i6 said:
I wasn't thinking of looks or (short term) performance, more for giving the boss mounting bolts and the frame inserts an easier life :D are there many of those frames around to get an idea of longevity in that area / of those components ?

WD :D

:oops: Sorry. Haven't a clue :oops: perhaps will think about fitting one on the back at least.

Thanks for the sensible idea :D

Progress so far. 5lb 10oz Which is still lighter than my vintage Trimble frame on it's own.
Think i will remove the disc taps.

tintin40":1feb0sgz said:

:shock: please don't! Leave as it was meant to be. It looks like you'd be left with an ugly scar of where they were. And at some point in the future the you may wish to go for discs.

kaiser":yb5hf09k said:
tintin40":yb5hf09k said:

:shock: please don't! Leave as it was meant to be. It looks like you'd be left with an ugly scar of where they were. And at some point in the future the you may wish to go for discs.

After this build i'm most certainly finished as nothing left to sell unless i sell my vintage frame which i'm not going to do. I hate disc's the only way i'll have them if i buy a motorbike/car.
I think i can remove and will look clean & tidy. Plus will remove a few grams.
True your right they are 'meant' to be there.

Orange71 - Those spuds are Exustar 215 grams a pair. Work with Shimano cleats.

kaiser":lda1x7b5 said:
tintin40":lda1x7b5 said:

I think I'd leave the tabs there, I'd even be tempted to fit some nice cnc'd Hope tech v2's :cool:

Scarfacexxx08":1fkldwgb said:
I think I'd leave the tabs there, I'd even be tempted to fit some nice cnc'd Hope tech v2's :cool:

Hate disc's on a mtb. May as well fit an engine and call it a moto x bike (unless a pro down hill mtb) But not xc mtb.

Notice i will have a few retro parts - XC Pro mech, Hyperlight bars and a Hope front hub.

Progress mostly forward except for the cranks :x

Ti & more carbon bits to come

Hmmm. That fork isn't sitting too well at the front there. What about a nice RC31 ti/carbon?

Masterpiece seatpost will be lighter too... will save you more weight than filing off the disc tabs.

Back