Concorde Mistral

2alexcoo

Retrobike Rider
Long story short, I was lucky enough to blag an entry to the Eroica when a mate dropped out. Unluckily, I don't own a road bike older than 2000, and even worse that has new 11 speed kit on it :oops:

I had plans to build a really nice early 80s bike with all the right kit, but the clock is ticking and I needed something sharpish. Enter the Concorde frame I bought at the Bristol Bike Jumble a few months back. The build is parts from mine and my brother's spares bins, but hopefully the overall effect is just retro enough to be in the spirit of the event.

First impressions on a 60 and a 50 miler are that it's a really nice ride and not bad for a bitsa :)

Frame: Concorde Mistral, 60cm (year unknown)
Headset: Shimano 105
Shifters: Campagnolo Triomphe
Rear derailleur: Campagnolo Triomphe
Front derailleur: Campagnolo Daytona
Brakes: Campagnolo Daytona
Brake levers: Campagnolo Triomphe
Crank: Campagnolo Veloce compact (polished)
Wheels: NOS Mavic MA3 on NOS Campagnolo Mirage hubs
Saddle: Rolls
Seatpost: Kalloy
Bars: Cinelli Giro d'Italia
Stem: Nitto Pearl
Pedals: MKS Sylvan
Tyres: Challenge Forte

CIMG3123.jpg

CIMG3124.jpg

My initial reactio, 'oooh, that is nice'. And yes, I said it out loud even though I'm alone :roll: :LOL:

Only real criticisms are as follows;
Bottle cages. They look very out of place I think, maybe a pair of white ones :roll:
And I never thought I'd be saying this :shock: But there isn't enough pink

titch__16":321fcld7 said:
...Bottle cages. They look very out of place I think, maybe a pair of white ones :roll:

...And I never thought I'd be saying this :shock: But there isn't enough pink

Pink bottle cages perhaps :?: ;)
a20792b12a1d0f040d41c3_m.JPG

Good looking bike mate. Good luck with the eroica, intend to go for it 2012. Just pulled my school boy road bike out my dads hut for a strip and rebuild,the old steel hasn't moved in 20 plus years. Would be interested to hear how you got on

gmac123":h0t3xv1y said:
Good looking bike mate. Good luck with the eroica, intend to go for it 2012. Just pulled my school boy road bike out my dads hut for a strip and rebuild,the old steel hasn't moved in 20 plus years. Would be interested to hear how you got on

Thanks, I'll be sure to post up a ride report and some pictures afterwards. We're booked to do the 205k but may wimp out and do the 135.

I managed about 300 miles of riding this week (had the week off) so hopefully shouldn't be puffing and blowing too much on the day :LOL:

I think that's the case in spirit, however if watch the films and read the blogs, you'll see people tackling it with mtb's, carbon frames and clipless pedals.

i'm planning and riding clipless, although with the black looks that greg lemond rode to victory in the 86 tdf, and santa brought me 5 mths later :LOL:

Latest posts

Back