Cannondale super V700

speedplay

Senior Retro Guru
Bought this of fleabay a few months ago...
Always fancied one and this was the right price at the right time.
The forks are RST XMO o2, carrying the englund total air cartridges (given to me by a late friend :( ).

( the dodgy stem is just holding the forks in ok?! :LOL: )

LX chainset,
XT V Brakes (recent ebay score!)
XT BB,
LX Mechs,
USE seatpost ( about to be cut down,
Hope front hub on mavic x517 swiss db spokes,
LX Rear hub on mavic 521 with black swiss db spokes,
Onza porc 2 tyres (kevlar).

And the rest of the buid will follow

Attachments

• 07012008042 (Medium).jpg
    07012008042 (Medium).jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 5,137
Just love those old super v's i have one an SV 1000FR i love it to bits bet it's going to look the dogs danglers when its finished nice one speedplay can't wait to see it finished :D ;) .

Always had a soft spot for these :cool:
Agree with P20 about the lack of 'em on here :(
If your going DH with it, triples would suit it more IMO. Or, try and get some original Headshocks????

what year is that 98, 99? I have a Red Volvo 95 sittin around some where that needs some love.

That the early one, the 80 on the swingarm is the travel, the later ones were 100. I'd be inclined to put a headshok back on it. Think scant had one for sale ;)

P20":35jlui9x said:
That the early one, the 80 on the swingarm is the travel, the later ones were 100. I'd be inclined to put a headshok back on it. Think scant had one for sale ;)

the early ones had a differnt swing arm, and shock placement. Like this one.

SuperV2000.jpg

GTRTS&AVALANCHE":xa4w264a said:
Always had a soft spot for these :cool:
Agree with P20 about the lack of 'em on here :(
If your going DH with it, triples would suit it more IMO. Or, try and get some original Headshocks????

Triples would rip the front end off this.
I saw far to many in 2 pieces back in the day when triples first came out.
Thats why cannondale produced a DH version with a top tube and extra welding on the front.

The rst forks I have got in there work much better than any headshock fork ive tried.

Might just bite the bullet and buy a lefty though.

Attachments

• 108830546585_3.jpg
    108830546585_3.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 5,037
Dhphat":ipoh1w67 said:
what year is that 98, 99? I have a Red Volvo 95 sittin around some where that needs some love.

I think this one is a 99.

I have dug about and the black was an option on 98 and 99.

The 80 is indeed the amount of travel on the rear and the 85 up front will suit just fine :)

Yea, lefty could work, but I just wouldn't be able to fully trust one myself (although I'm sure there fully tested!). Still, be nice to keep it all Cannondale specific products. Get some CODA cranks on there also; push the boat out........ :cool:
That DH rig looks horrible, the top tube brace looks such an afterthought :shock: Spoils a beautiful and original design.

Back