Hello, i am after some advice, bought a 98 FSR Comp.

I suspect the stem may still be the original one as it has a Specialized logo on it.

I have ordered a longer seat post (black) this afternoon, i dont think the white seat post works on the bike, i need to contact that chap about the FSR sticker kit, ideally i want them as they were when it was yellow, white text with a black outline :)

i find the thing with FSRs is they either need a layback post, or a long stem otherwise i feel like i'm sat bolt upright. which is just not comfortable for me personally.

Interesting build. I love the original yellow but your home paint job has scrubbed up pretty well. Never see a lot of psylos around so never sure if they're good or not but glad yours have fixed up well.

Anybody else on here who can supply the graphics for it?

PM`d Gill, he asked me to email him, which i did a while back, and then nothing :(

As my Boardman Pro is still in parts after a warrenty claim, i have been taking out the FSR instead, last sunday as part of my regular ride i have to go through a local dene that has various small downhill/northshore/jumps and stuff, i always bottle the jumps on the Boardman, my shoulder dislocation from 2 months ago still haunts me :cry:

Anyway, nobody was around to laugh at my attempts, so i did a few runs on the FSR, each time increasing the speed to get a little higher, i did around 4 runs, and i am not quite sure what happened next, apart from me taking off from a jump and crashing into a tree :eek:

I spent the next hour in a ditch trying to sort myself out, everytime i stood up i started to black out, not that i could really stand up much to be honest.

I winded myself really badly, sprained a wrist, smashed my glasses, damaged my hip, damaged my back and fractured another fooking rib :evil: suprisingly my previous shoulder dislocation was fine and it was unaffected :LOL:

As i lay by the river trying to sort myself out, two other lads came down the track and offered me aid, the wheels that came on the FSR are destroyed (both of them!) they tried pretty hard to straighten them so they would clear the frame, the front cleared, but the back rubs both chainstays.

Somehow i managed to ride the thing the 3 miles home rather then simply ringing the missus for a ride, probably because i was totoally in shock, apparently my face was white, my lips were blue and i was talking nonsence, it was the hardest 3 mile ride of my life :D i have not seen the bike since, but i suspect it will need a spot of paint on the chain stays, the rest of it seamed fine (bar the wheels, but i was replacing them anyway)

Hopefully i will make it across the road to the garage at the weekend to have a proper assessment (i am still having trouble walking at the moment lol! )

Not sure what happened, i know the rims that were on the bike were a bit cheap looking, i cant work out how things went so bad, i was pretty confident, maybe the front wheel failed and it spat me into the tree?

The rest of the bike still worked fine on the way home, gears indexed and the disc brakes still worked, amazing!

I cant see me hitting a bump on the front hard enough to buckle a wheel, i did not think i was going fast enough to do that kind of damage to be honest.

wow that sounds pretty bad man.
hope you're not too bad.

and that is why i don't really do jumps :LOL: :oops:

get some pics of the damage, i'm sure we could figure out what went wrong.
no rush for pics though, get to healing first. ;)

as for decals contact gil again, he's a busy man.

good to see another fsr owner. might be nice to one day have a meet :) i got 2 im trying to build up at the mo, considering repainting my GC FSR, the thought of gold ano for the rear seat/chainstay with black powder coat for the rest has caught my imagination.....i quite like the copper hammer finish you have though :)

and of course, sorry to hear about your fall too, not that its any sort of comparison, but i've come off and broken my collar bone before, cant imagine what you got yourself into there but i'm hoping you've had yourself checked over, blacking out isn't something to take lightly!

S-M":1ajsrjyd said:
i am not quite sure what happened next, apart from me taking off from a jump and crashing into a tree :eek:

I spent the next hour in a ditch trying to sort myself out, everytime i stood up i started to black out, not that i could really stand up much to be honest.

I winded myself really badly, sprained a wrist, smashed my glasses, damaged my hip, damaged my back and fractured another fooking rib :evil: suprisingly my previous shoulder dislocation was fine and it was unaffected :LOL:

Whoa, your the guy who directed me to this forum, said you'd hit a tree and damaged your bike, didnt realise you had damaged yourself so badly too!

Well thanks for the point to here, hope your healing ok!

Back