Why no pictures?

I think photos are necessary to determine the condition of a X, Y or Z what you may think it good condition may not be the same in my book.

Why just a few weeks ago I took the word of a well known site member
who sold a granny ring as unused (he didnt have a photo on his For Sale thread) when it arrived it clearly had been used, if there had been a photo I wouldn't have bought it (hope he reads this).

I always think if someone can't be bothered to put a picture up they prpbably haven't been bothered to look after whatever part they are trying to sell second hand, so don't bother buying. ;)

Generally speaking it is a good sign if people have spent time taking some good pics, but we don't always have time before listing.

I used to list 30-50 items a week on Ebay, and like many sellers I wanted a late Sunday close for my auctions. I often wound up listing most without pictures, adding them as I got round to doing them.

Nick C":ynfdbysq said:
Because not everybody does know what an m900 crankset looks like, that's the problem.

Well I would think that if you are building a bike up you would have a very strong vision of what you want it to look like and what parts you want on it. Do folk use a 'scattergun approach' when building a bike these days?

I tend to think that someone starting a build will decide early on just what parts to look for and then hunt them down. You don't tend to just browse around and say 'oh, theres some cranks, they will do' unless its a hack that you just want to throw together, and if that is the case its unlikely that you would be putting mint M900 XTR on it.

And mint should be mint. No mechanical or cosmetic defects.
In 4-5 years of buying parts on this site only once have I been dissapointed with the condition of a purchased part. Considering the volume of parts I buy on here I think that speaks volumes about the standards here on RB.

Si

On here, if there are no pics I'll skip over or just post. Pics please. The problem with that is I sometimes forget I asked for the pics and have moved on to looking at someone else's sale.

There are so many variations in things, it's always nice to see.
Even NOS items have storage marks/defect etc.
or subtle difference, different labels, people interpretation of a model.

ebay is a different game and people can do what they like it's a bidding war and no picture or time to ask for pics often helps grab a bargain.
Here it's not about timing or bidding for bargains

Add as attachment from wherever it's saved on your computer.

Or use the IMG code and host it. I use photo bucket. Upload there and click on the forum link when uploaded.

Back