Raleigh Criterium mid 80's?

wackywacerwill

Dirt Disciple
Been after a road bike for a while and managed to persuade Mrs wackywacerwill than none of the other 15 or so bikes would fit the bill. Being a kindly soul she gifted me this as an early B day presant :D

Auction site pic
KGrHqIOKnEE4-2Gw0QLBOYojZpFGw60_12.jpg

So had it home since friday and have given it a (half arsed) clean and service. Need to do some more searching to find all my bike tools as it needs and deserves more to tbh.

New rubber in post but here's where we're at now.

wicked010.jpg

wicked003.jpg

wicked009.jpg

wicked004.jpg

wicked011.jpg

wicked012.jpg

wicked007.jpg

Still awaiting it's maiden voyage as I've been home alone with the kids all weekend long. Found my lights so shall be out tonight and riding to work Monday morn :D

Not a bad old machine, still very much post-Carlton in its look and name.

Should look very nice once done.

Personally Id loose those banded cables!

Thanks for the comment. Cable 'mod' was done with leccy tape in an idle 5 mins late and drunk last night, don't think it will stay that way as it just heightens the fact that cables look fugly :!:
Found a load of grey decent quality outer and some inners in the lock up today so I reckon that will be the way to go as it has one white and one black ATM.

Life got in the way this eve so first ride tomorrow :D

I guess white tape on the bars though I do like the silver against the blue frame so will see how I get on riding naked :)

100ish mile update; It's great, good to be back in the saddle.

Now sporting some black wall white tread blizzards and minus a bit of leccy tape but otherwise cosmetically unchanged.

Riding has bought to light some issues which have been addressed as found, oh the joy of buying a ebay pre owned 'excellant condition' cycle :roll:

Wheels trued to acceptable standard, drive chain lubed, brakes adjusted, bottle cage fitted, saddle set and bb tightened - now found crank remover so it's coming apart for a proper service to see if it can be saved from the bin.

Not perfect though good enough for me, not felt the need for bar tape yet. Maybe I'll change my mind come the colder months.

Got outbid on a Criterium last weekend was winning it for ages and then lost it in the last 90 seconds when the price jumped from £73 to £102 was gutted :(

Back