Bargain Ebay bike lights

Mate got one of the lights like LGF's - really good and he will switch to the older clamp as the one that is with it is a bit wobbly off road - didn't fall out though.

One issue he had offroad and hitting potholes/dropping off kerbs was the other modes would switch on every so often so in the forest you would go from steady bright light to full on 90's rave strobe mode. Has anyone else had this issue?

Will be having a laugh soon with my ebay lights as it's getting darker again :-D

Before coming on here again, I was randomly looking at P7's.. and it's cool to see the XM-L lights coming through now, and looking like they last longer than the P7's on the batteries.

Also.. I've been strapping my dogs to the bike to get them exercised recently as well lol.

In other new's.. the wife is going ahead of me to the states, as will the dogs, and I'll be ditching my car in favour of the bike for the commute (8 miles each way), so I'll be getting good use out of any lights I have over winter! Eek. I'm not a fit person, so this will be a laugh, and I think I will cave and get a magicshine variant lol.

The Ken":27re7mix said:
Mate got one of the lights like LGF's - really good and he will switch to the older clamp as the one that is with it is a bit wobbly off road - didn't fall out though.

One issue he had offroad and hitting potholes/dropping off kerbs was the other modes would switch on every so often so in the forest you would go from steady bright light to full on 90's rave strobe mode. Has anyone else had this issue?

only with a 900 lumen 'cheapie' - that was terrible and almost put me off the whole cheap ebay lights thing until this new one turned up. Very solid and stable.

toons":83gml80a said:
I was out riding tonight and a couple of people had these bad boys

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/t6-ass...te-led-bike-light-with-battery-pack-set-82508

Bloody amazing for the price

waiting for 2 of them .

but my 2 year old magic shine 900 lumens is getting better with age . last year had all sorts of trouble with the switch and battery . left it untouched for 4 months and all good again after one charge . :shock:
for info it has been used twice a day , for 30 min , 5 days a week for the past 2 winters . plus one weekly longer ride , 2 hours .

I now need another set of lights,the bargin ste of 300 lumns fault returned twice so i had to take a refund and be done with them.Bloody shame,it cost 200 odd and i got it for 40 :(
300 lumens in flash mode is pretty amazing :shock:

Well,now you chaps have had these 'bargain ebay lights' for 33 pages worth ,whats the verdict?
Which is best,most reliable and do any have a reliable flashing mode :?

Flashing mode? 99p job I mentioned. Very bright and lasts 100 hours.

The rear lights are pretty good as well, and for 99p you can throw them away if they go wrong.

The original bargain lights... well... I think they are 'OK', definately enough for a little off road, nothing serious. Main issue is probably them not lasting long enough... or having to recharge the batteries if you have AAA's.

Now the 'magicshine' variants seem to be even cheaper, and with a little work for £30 to £35 they are pretty damn good. I haven't got one yet though lol. (I blew all my money having fun with battery packs that work pretty well lol.)

At the moment I'm using one of the ebay bargain lights (I bought two) I use the other mount for a 900 lumen deal extreme torch. I also have the option of a 230 lumen helmet mounted torch too. ebay bargain light has been fine, but I seem to be lumen hungry :twisted:

I use the above for commuting on lit and unlit roads and they are bright enough that I don't have to adjust my speed. The helmet light is very handy for looking into corners as it were.

If anyone wants one of these free, I can probably send you one :) (I have four lol. Two cut up, one deal extreme version, and 1 extra).

I'm gonna order the XM-L deal extreme one now to see what it's like (I'm a tech geek.. I can't help it lol).

kaiser":29174114 said:
At the moment I'm using one of the ebay bargain lights (I bought two) I use the other mount for a 900 lumen deal extreme torch. I also have the option of a 230 lumen helmet mounted torch too. ebay bargain light has been fine, but I seem to be lumen hungry :twisted:

I use the above for commuting on lit and unlit roads and they are bright enough that I don't have to adjust my speed. The helmet light is very handy for looking into corners as it were.

you should bring it to one of the meets,let the rest see them in the flesh :?

kaiser":29174114 said:
, but I seem to be lumen hungry :twisted:
Its an addiction i think :LOL: And youre caught in its heady potents

Oh dear... my fingers accidently slipped for a few minutes and I ordered an XM-L assault bike light (looks like the magic shine one).

It will probably be tat... but I've always wanted one, and the XM-L LED just did it for me over the P7 lol. I will be using the ebay lights till then however and will probably improve them more.

Back