Otis guy

mrkawasaki":1tmdef73 said:
When Otis set his time would that have been on his own bike or another??

On a klunker.

I took three English cyclists on a pilgrimage to Repack today, and after we got back to Fairfax there was a hot-rod show going on, where I ran into Otis. I told him about this thread, and he couldn't believe anyone would care so much about his bikes.

Otis's shop is down the street from a friend's house, which is where I spotted him this morning. To keep on thread, here is a photo of a"beamer" bike hanging in the rafters.

Attachments

• guybike.JPG
    guybike.JPG
    156.7 KB · Views: 877
  • guyshop.JPG
    guyshop.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 877
Repack Rider":39r5kht2 said:
I told him about this thread, and he couldn't believe anyone would care so much about his bikes.

He's a modest guy. Easily one of my favorite bikes in my collection.

kurtscagliola":32ojwom7 said:
Ok I just finished restoring this bike.Serial#077b og.I got the frame fork stem headset BB seatpost for $350.00 has a king headset.Wtb grease guard first generation hubs.all XT 7sp grafton cranks Phill BB Wtb Ti Bars and seat.The restore took a month and a half.I painted it my self with finish Master car paint. :)

Stunning, just my cup of tea :D

rumpfy":31jkaa7p said:
Repack Rider":31jkaa7p said:
I told him about this thread, and he couldn't believe anyone would care so much about his bikes.

He's a modest guy. Easily one of my favorite bikes in my collection.

Same for me. Never been privileged to own one yet, but have spent hours admiring them. A truely talented craftsman.

A friend of mine is the original owner of this Otis Guy bike #23.

Attachments

• otis04.JPG
    otis04.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 779
  • otis03.JPG
    otis03.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 779
  • otis02a.JPG
    otis02a.JPG
    166 KB · Views: 779
  • otis01.JPG
    otis01.JPG
    173.3 KB · Views: 780
A few more from the archives.

Attachments

• otis03.JPG
    otis03.JPG
    253.1 KB · Views: 763
  • otis02.JPG
    otis02.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 763
  • otis01.JPG
    otis01.JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 763
I was just thinking how great it is to have Repack throwing his cam at bikes day to day, really ties things together. You do need to add an Orange to your collection though.

:)

Here is one of your "only in Fairfax" moments. I was on my mountain bike and headed for the trails when I spied a large group of roadies meeting to ride. Prominent among them was Otis Guy, wearing one of our old Velo Club Tamalpais jerseys. I stopped to chat, and suddenly I was seeing old roadies I have known since the 'seventies, and another couple of old VCT jerseys. This is the weekly "dinosaur ride."

I bumped into a tall guy, and it turned out to be Tom Ritchey. Joe Breeze showed up, and he had with him a book he had picked up at the bike show about classic American jerseys, and the one he was wearing was in the book.

Bob Lemond, father of the Tour winner, was also there, as well as plenty of other formerly prominent American cyclists whose names would not be familiar to English readers.

A couple of photos.

Oh, yeah. Too bad about the weather.

Attachments

• Joe_BobL_Tom.JPG
    Joe_BobL_Tom.JPG
    171.5 KB · Views: 700
  • Tom_CK.JPG
    Tom_CK.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 700
  • Otis.JPG
    Otis.JPG
    154.6 KB · Views: 700