RIDES FOR 2012?

chrisv40":3fqv1323 said:
So it sounds like the Skipton route deserves a date in next years calendar.

What distance is it and Ed and has it got the all important cafe/pub somewhere on route?

I'd be up for something around Skipton but you would have a job dragging me away from the posh little cafe opposite the market. Best breakfasts ever!

Si

Si, Which cafe was it if you can remember? Don't think it's there anymore.

Just coffee shops now :(

It was a coffee shop really but did a top notch full english, eggs benedict, croque Madame etc all washed down with fine teas and great smelling coffee. Its only a small place from the outside but has a larger area upstairs. It was open last spring but going on the fact I was the only person in there for over an hour on a saturday morning on a fine busy market day, I wouldn't be surprised if it had gone bust by now.

Si

I think it will be Coffee & Clay or the one next door but cannot remember the name, both of which are still open and do serve lovely coffee etc.

Costa Coffee has just opened at the other end of the high street so smaller coffee shops are having a tough time. :(

Fish & Chip trade is still fantastic though :LOL:

chrisv40":3869hjwm said:
So it sounds like the Skipton route deserves a date in next years calendar.

What distance is it and Ed and has it got the all important cafe/pub somewhere on route?

I think we measured the main loop at around 22 miles. There's lot's of options to extend/shorten though. There are pub/cafe stops but if we start in Skipton the first one is a bit close, the second a bit to far. I'm working on a solution though. Might be an idea to go off piste a little and drop down to Bolton Abby for cakes? Some of the stops are not open all year so it would depend when the ride's programed in.

So adding some suggestions and tweeking dates how about....

JANUARY -
FEBRUARY -The Hell Of Horcum
MARCH - Kaya's Kildale Cake Run
APR - Three Tribes (with change of location)
MAY - Skipton Area
JUNE - Sherwood Pines
JULY - Settle To Malham
AUGUST - NE&YORKS NATIONAL ROUND
SEPTEMBER -
OCTOBER - Howgills/North Pennines
NOVEMBER -
DECEMBER - Xmas Pudding Run Dalby

Of course there are the Nationals to add here ie. Peaks, MacRetro, Anglian and Lincs plus the non RetroBike Big Weekender which is in August, but there has been up to three rides a month this year and as long as priority is given to the Nationals there is no harm in having extra rides on those months.

How about something down your way Chris and another in South Yorkshire?

Calendar looks good, if we could move the Howgills ride back to September I can put on a ride to coincide with our local cycle jumble which is held every October and adds a bit of interest.

Thats if everyone can put up with my "Gates of Wrath Ride" again :LOL:

A South Yorkshire ride has been talked about loads of times and nothing has ever been finalised so yes we really should get it sorted for next year.

If Vern agrees then thats next year pretty much sorted except for January and the big national.

Anyone fancy Dalby for January if the trails are open?

I was going to suggest moving Sherwood Pines to Jan or Feb. Its a good all weather venue thats rideable all year round so makes sense to run it when traditional routes are axle deep in mud. It also frees up a dryer month to head off-piste. Its your gig though Chris so your call.

I will have a think about South Yorkshire. Its my old stomping ground so I can help out down there. Greno Woods might be an option?

Si

Back