how much does this hobby owe you in ££££££

matt-b

Old School Hero
was thinking about all my old bikes and how much they all add upto over the years... was just wondering how much it owes people over the years. :)

since 1998 mines about £4000 going throu 5 bikes.

As the others have said. (however if i sat down and worked out my spend since joining these venerable pages, it wouldn't surprise me if i had topped £10k...it would make me feel a little sick, but no surprise)

(just spent another £475 tonight, £1800+ in the last <1.5 months)

The bikes in my signature as builds, excluding spares and upgrades come to £25,620.......

Bloody hell

Hard to tell really as I've had a few expensive bikes but most of them have been at least part paid for by the sale of others.

I agree with all the "owes me nothing" posts - who knows where life woulda taken me without bicycles? I may have continued to drink excessivley, smoke and do drugs. Bicycling is a bargain and good for you too, gets you out in the countryside, expands your social life etc - all round good thing. :D

The cost in finacial terms is alright too - especially this retrobiking lark. Compared to the price of any kind of motorsport, it's peanuts. Might as well spend that cash, get out and ride and enjoy it while still fit and healthy enough to enjoy it! :LOL:

My bikes have almost all paid for themselves in saved fuel!
It is only the modern roady that is still in debt!

So far that has worked out at around 28p per mile, by next summer it should be into single figures :D

I do now have me eyes on a new tt bike and something nice and retro.(rather than my half tonne tourer)
So in purely financial terms it might well start to get expensive!

Enjoyment wise as the others have said, great value for money!

Back