RIDES FOR 2012?

:LOL:

Anyone familiar with any routes on the west side of the moors, was thinking the Falcon Inn on the A171 would make a good start point.

I've driven that road so many times and always fancied exploring that area.

Chris":yq1ydex4 said:
:LOL:

Anyone familiar with any routes on the west side of the moors, was thinking the Falcon Inn on the A would make a good start point.

I've driven that road so many times and always fancied exploring that area.

On the coast side of the A171 theres the old railway route from Whitby to Scarborough, not very varied riding but the views are............ stunning.
Its about 40ish miles (out & back) but its easy going and theres very few hills :LOL:

I've ridden the railway from Ravenscar to Whitby to get some fish & chips and yes the views are amazing.

I thought there might be some routes up on the moors nearby, I know the Lyke Wake walk finishes at the Falcon but I have no idea what route that takes.

Time for a look on Bing maps I think.

Will the powers that be take untried and tested routes as a National ride?
Everything so far has been well established rides.

Three 3-tribes while good for nationals (from my point of view) places it in pretty much the same place as Mr K's. I wouldn't think both would go ahead as a national.

Sherwood pines (not out ride) but could easily get a National attendance given what it can get witou the status. But if they bring it up I really doubt the place could handle it without going out in staggered waves.

I agree no trail centres though.

Talking of Moors, any riding Helmsley (SW area) area. Make a nice starting point (or up the road in the forest car parks).

Looking at OS maps on Bing there seems to be loads of trails heading out of Helmsley but most seem to be long stretches of footpath before they get to bridleways. Thats assuming I'm reading the maps right.

chrisv40":32fvxaz9 said:
http://www.mtb-routes.co.uk/northyorkmoors/routes/Helmsley-Loop/route.aspx

There you go Ben, we will go and give it a try soon if you want.

I think Ive done bits of this :roll: but it sound like the first and last mile or so are on the Hemsley TT (lovely drivers road) but not very cycle friendly.

As far as Sherwood Pines as a National........... it would be a fooking nightmare, the only way we could keep every one going the same way would be to tie every one together with rope :LOL:

Latest posts

Back