West Midlands Present 18th of Sept Forest of Dean ride!!

Updated Info for Sunday

Right Peeps,

Been out tonight to ride the route that we are going to use for Sunday,despite strong winds and heavy rain, the ground is surprisingly dry ( most of the route is single track under tree canopy).There are a few trees down,but no show stoppers and can either be ridden over (if your cool :cool: ) or skirted.There is one down,which if the Forestry commission do not cut up, will require a dismount as it is about shoulder height,again no biggy.
The route is great as it's away from the crowds at the trail centre and covers a good large area, usually we would not see any other mountain bikers on this route, however tonight I noticed part of the route is being used in next weeks FoD Enduro race, so there may be a few out trail finding.

The weather for sunday is sunny spells with a few showers, again no problems, temperature will be 16 degrees,with a 17 mph eastly wind.
Pretty good riding weather :D

There is a lot of wild boar action in some of the areas we will be in,I have seen and heard them several times in the last couple of weeks,if we are lucky we will see them, but if you do come across them, avoid going up to them, especially if they have their humbugs with them (piglets) as the males have tusks, can run faster than you can ride from standing and are very protective !!!

Meeting place info : http://www.pedalabikeaway.co.uk/contact.html

Look forward to see everyone Sunday, 10 am for a promp 10:30 start

Any questions pm with your mobile number if need be

James
:cool:

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 532
Good work there James, I am well looking to Sunday!! :cool:

I would like to get some pics for this months newsletter with the big camera so will have to sqeeze a mini photo session in too on the mini course? :D

5 days before update

The meeting point is here for those not been before

http://www.pedalabikeaway.co.uk/contact.html

The list of Attendances hopefully will be

-daj
-Russell
-theredchili + 1 (lead scout)
-bontyfiend
-Grannygrinder
-matthew71
-Funky to Funky
-Rocky?
-Pickled Egg pusher?

If your not attending please drop me a note if possible to save waiting around we will head off 10:30am sharp from the centre.

Anymore takers?

The route planned is worth the travel!!

bloody hell,am going to chaced by a huge pig,just a normal saturday night for me then :LOL:

see you all sunday,only 1 1/2 hour drive :LOL:

matthew71":1kwwupnd said:
bloody hell,am going to chaced by a huge pig,just a normal saturday night for me then :LOL:

Ha,ha brilliant .... I'm sure we can dress one up for you!!

Its about an hour 10 mins from my place... Well worth the drive you will love it :cool:

daj":2lrxazh3 said:
matthew71":2lrxazh3 said:

Ha,ha brilliant .... I'm sure we can dress one up for you!!

Its about an hour 10 mins from my place... Well worth the drive you will love it :cool:

I have a hell of a drive too , 8 mins at a push :LOL:

If i don't see at least one 'sunny spell' on sunday there's gonna be trouble :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Been to FoD a few times now and always found it ok on a rigid.
At the mo its a toss up between my cinelli and my modern?
Unless my mech turns up and then i can give my Univega a run out.
So, is the route do able on this :D i'm thinking yes going by previous experience but i don't know where we are going :D :D

Attachments

• cin fin2.jpg
    cin fin2.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 489
Re: .

Grannygrinder":3jmerc1d said:
If i don't see at least one 'sunny spell' on sunday there's gonna be trouble :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Been to FoD a few times now and always found it ok on a rigid.
At the mo its a toss up between my cinelli and my modern?
Unless my mech turns up and then i can give my Univega a run out.
So, is the route do able on this :D i'm thinking yes going by previous experience but i don't know where we are going :D :D

Your be fine , I've done this route three times on an '88 fully rigid single speed with a U brake :D

Got to be rigid !! Even I will be :shock:

Hopefully the weather will be good to us

Back