Alpinestars 1992 cro-mega (Blackstar) by Maverick

I see what you are saying about the hanger, but thats how it came to me, honest Gov! It shows no sign of flex or fatigue, and the dropout has no creases like it has been bent, it seems to work fine and the gears drop in as they should so i will just leave it as nature intended.

Cheers.

maverick":1gsy62xf said:
... i will just leave it as nature intended.

Cheers.

Cool, but the hanger's positionis not actually placing your derailleur as 'nature intended'. I.e. the derailleur is too far to the rear of your rear axle. If you don't intend to straighten the hanger, you'd be well advised to release every last bit of 'B-screw' tension your derailleur currently has.

Just looking out for your twig 'n' berries!

Cheers.

maverick":1gbxqabo said:
I see what you are saying about the hanger, but thats how it came to me, honest Gov! It shows no sign of flex or fatigue, and the dropout has no creases like it has been bent, it seems to work fine and the gears drop in as they should so i will just leave it as nature intended.

Cheers.
I had a cro mega that had the same drop out as this one. The seat tube was screwed, but nothing wrong with the drop out as far a I can see?

goodbye

Today is a monumental day in the Maverick house. Blackstar, my rebuilt 1992 Cro-mega is being passed onto pastures new for another fellow retrobiker to test out its climbing ability.

Retrobiker 'Barneyballbags' will very soon be adding this to his stable, maybe he can add and Al-mega and a Ti-mega sometime soon as well. I shall close this thread with a final picture and offer the torch to 'Barney' to carry forward. He has already shown me a picture of few nice additions.

Best of British to you.

Attachments

• blackstar.jpg
    blackstar.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 642
*Rubs hands in anticipation*

I can't wait to get it. You've done such a great job on the build Maverick - I promise that the 'additions' you speak of are the only bit of real colour to be added to it!

:) :) :)

Roll on Monday.......!!

BlackStar is now in South Wales with me :)

I'll start another thread and post a few pictures of it next to my Al Mega, which should be arriving next week with a bit of luck :cool:

Back