Fork Dilemma

Is using this fork bl**dy stupid on a Fat Titanium?

• Yes - I think its fine. Pending a proper Fat fork turning up even though this one is titanium and ki

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - what are you thinking you mad man. Put the SIDS back on...

• Look! The washing machine is empty - you have loads of washing to do so get on with it and stop prat

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jez-4-bikes-max

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Does it stay or does it go.....

2.jpg

Who's to say some Chinese person didn't put love and passion into creating this fork? ;)

Muhahahaha.... :twisted:

:LOL: STAY!!

It'll be loads lighter for your missus to push out the way.....

when she needs to get to that thing with a window in it ;)

sunchaser":1psn5m22 said:
:LOL: STAY!!

It'll be loads lighter for your missus to push out the way.....

when she needs to get to that thing with a window in it ;)

They're port-holes they are *he nodded knowingly*

:LOL:

stevek":2yq7dt8j said:
Who's to say some Chinese person didn't put love and passion into creating this fork? ;)

Muhahahaha.... :twisted:

Maybe the guy shipping the piece from China to UK will too, just as some more tiny particles in the huge outsourcing proces. Some others might not. We'll never know, just as one feature of those products is total alienation. That is not how a FAT Ti was made.

Elev12k":6y9gv3e5 said:
Maybe the guy shipping the piece from China to UK will too, just as some more tiny particles in the huge outsourcing proces. Some others might not. We'll never know, just as one feature of those products is total alienation. That is not how a FAT Ti was made.

You are quite correct in what you are saying Melvin.
I didn't really mean what I said, I was just trying to lighten the mood a little.

Some frame builders are passionate about their craft, but they have to make a living too. The Chinese may or may not have the passion mentioned but you can bet that their work will be to the minimum standard required by the west. They do give the impression that it's just business.

It's a shame but whether we like it or not (I don't) it looks like more of this is going to happen, China can do things very cheaply at the moment, who knows what they'll be charging for goods in the years to come when they rule the roost? World marketing seems very fickle and until it stabilises (can it ever?) each country will have to try and find its niche. It's a constant battle I guess. We have to market what we can compete or excell at. China are buying up steel like it's going out of fashion, they have massive building programmes starting, for example they intend to build 48 airports in the next 5 years. 48!
They are the next super power. Today forks, tomorrow the world...

I'm really trying to stop myself jumping on the 'faceless Eastern manufacturing is bad', bandwagon thing but I can't. The Pursig 'Quality' part of me knows that only parts that feel right will do (I just hope the missus understands she can't eat this month).
Jez, you knew the answer to the question before you asked it.

Back