gt rts-1

I thought the serial contained the date too, but now I believe its only the zaskar that has this. :cry:

I believe the graphics that were on it when I bought it were the original rts-1 ones but cant see them on any catalogue...weird

(cough cough)
Not everyone that fits triple clamp forks to their bikes are 'muppets' or 'clowns'! There are benefits in them you know........ ;)

(cough cough)
Not everyone that fits triple clamp forks to their bikes are 'muppets' or 'clowns'! There are benefits in them you know........ ;)

I know that! I have a pair on one of my bikes.
The difference is that the other frame was built with triple clamps in mind and is strong enough to take them where as the rts isnt really built for them.

hmmm......I don't know....... I think it depends on what your asking it to do.
The triple clamps have been on my RTS for a good few years and its done XC, DH, a bit of freeride and never complained.
Ok, for XC triple clamps are not perfect. DH, well the RTS isn't the best rig, these days you can buy a DH specific rig and the same goes for freeride.
But, I think the RTS is probably one of the best 'do it all' rigs of its day and think that triple clamps allow it to perform just that little bit better on the more hardcore DH tracks.
I agree that the bike was great in its day......dont get me wrong. Thats why its still with me 11 or so years down the line.
But, I am not a 'muppet' or 'clown' for putting triple clamps on it :x
Yes, if I was using it for just XC it would have kept its original RTS-2 Quadra's, but that wasn't what I had in mind for it. Its was going to be a 'Do it all' bike.

Im looking for a set of graphics for this now....

As I dont know exactly what year it is and I cant seem to find a picture of an rts with the graphics that came on it, what am I supposed to do?

I'm also struggling to find an rts 1 with an alloy rear triangle to compare to for an age.

Most of the catalogues have the rts 1 with a cromo rear triangle.

Anyone recognise the old, dodgy graphics or are they ( as I have my suspicions ) an after market job.

Am begining to wonder if I should just choose some graphics I like the look of and sod the authentic bit.

Can't help you with the authenticity but but look for Felnzo on the US Ebay site if you're looking for somewhere to buy - he has a stockpile of NOS GT decals for various bikes.

I've bought 3 sets from him before, they're definitely originals (even come with the little made in the US stickers etc) and he's really good with shipping.

He usually has RTS sets available - pm him if he's not advertising any.

went for a new year ride this morning with a mate :)
After feeling like my lungs were going to burst I realised that maybe I was spending too much time going downhill or on my crosser :LOL:

Well the old girl held up well and handled the singletrack at harleston firs perfectly.
I was thinking about changing the set up a bit, maybe adding some spoked wheels rather than the spins as they seem a little "patchy" at times when things get interesting.
Has anyone else found this with spins?

Have added another picture of her having a rest with my mates Crappy new downhill rig.

(have to say its crap as its new but it goes downhill really well, specially with him on it :cry: )

Attachments

• 06012008034 (Medium).jpg
    06012008034 (Medium).jpg
    107 KB · Views: 868
Aaaaah the RTS looks time less next to that big ugly monster of a rig :shock: .As you know I have got spins on my RTS and have found them not as responsive as spokes over rough terrain. Thus when I am going on to do a heavy ride always change the spins for spokes. Plus I’m always scared I’m going to crack the buggers.

Better sell them to me then! ;)
I think they would finish my new set up off just perfectly.....

Attachments

• RTS.jpg
    RTS.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 838
GTRTS&AVALANCHE":1sies9yj said:
Better sell them to me then! ;)
I think they would finish my new set up off just perfectly.....

Theres some on here with first dibs....

They may be heading for portugal...

Back