K20.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 1,928
  • K21.jpg
    K21.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 1,928
  • K18.jpg
    K18.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 1,928
Sorry my pictures aren't very good, I didn't have room for my proper camera and my crisps. So I left my camera at home. Then I saw a Kingfisher :cool: in the River Aire in Leeds town centre while I was waiting for Marc Two Tone! But I didn't have my camera...
Hope Valley is a gorgeous place, I always forget how nice the Peak District is. We got there a tad late so we had to park down a side street, which turned out to be the best place because the street we chose was some kind of muster point for pert cheeked girls of on some kind of Sixth Form D of E expedition.
I was surprised there was so many people, 56 is a huge turnout and at least 50 must have been on proper bikes.There was some gorgeous machinery and for my money the bike of the ride was the gorgeous day-glow Cinelli.
Been awarded the Monkey of Hope [Note Charlieboy28's photo of me lucking smug and worshipping it on my knees!] on my first Peaks ride for climbing the big hill to the radio mast was a real achievement, although DSP insisted that I carry it, so I had to eat all my crisps so that he'd fit in my bag. Lucky I'd left my camera at home afterall otherwise there really would have been no room.
The ride down Bradwell Edge was a bit hairy, especially after 40 other riders had ploughed down it before, a sledge would have been the best thing for me to ride. Mindfull of falling of and smashing the Monkey of Hope [Surely the end of Retrobike, like Ravens leaving the Tower of London?] I walked most of it, but managed to climb back on and ride whenever I spotted a camera, these things matter!
Great Beer in the car park afterwoulds, Spencer is very generous and he must have driven very slowly so as not to agitate the keg,.
For the jumblesale I tried to do "Lady-shopping" [Touch as many objects as possible without buying anything] but I succumbed. Who did I buy those Sugino Impel cranks from, I need to give you feedback?
Thanks for the gents for organising it and to someone who shall remain nameless for explaining what docking is, yes I did think it was just chopping off puppy-dog's tails :shock:

IMG0136A.jpg

Just about the only cameraphone pic that worked.

IMG0131A.jpg

Mr K trying to pull a wheely in an elastic environment.

P.S that farmer who tried telling us that we weren't on the bridleway was wrong, because I've checked on my Ordnance Survey map, the Eejit!

I'm still trying to clean that "docking" from my mind :shock: I think i've been scared for life.

Top day out as usual. Great turn out ;)

Did tristan get put back, and the organ grinder liberated instead??

Was the food any better in the pub?

Well me and Jonnyboy666 have just arived back home after our epic road trip,

realy enjoyed this ride, thanks to all the guys for including me (even though i wasn't on a retro bike) and thanks to the organisers =]

looking forward to catching up wuth you guys on the Northdowns meet =]
hopfully we will have some new caravan names by then too... :cool:

Cheers.

Adam

heathy":33xrpb2a said:
I'm still trying to clean that "docking" from my mind :shock: I think i've been scared for life.

Top day out as usual. Great turn out ;)

Did tristan get put back, and the organ grinder liberated instead??

Was the food any better in the pub?

food and service was loads better :D

not sure about tristan?

Mr K's Peak's ride 2011
k1.jpg

The 458th time up this climb for Drystonepaul, easy peasy
k2.jpg

Mr Ship gun's it downhill on his mountain goat
k4.jpg

Special 'K' makes light work of the slippery,slithery,slidey slope!
k5.jpg

Gravymonsters flouro cinelli in attack mode
k6.jpg

Jonnyboy 666 loving the Peaks ride on his 2011 roadtrip

What a day!
I spent 20 minutes trying to find somewhere to park and arrived at the meeting point late. Despite this Mark still went through the days plans with me. It was as always (so I'm told, it was my first) very well organised and people were holding gates open and setting people off at different times to avoid clashes. 
Many thanks for the 1st Mechanical badge, my bike was performing awful that day, it's rare I suffer any bike problems at all! I've not got round to looking at the squeaky headset, but the tools to stop the front disk brake rotor constantly coming undone are in the post!
Looking through the pictures I don't think I saw all the bikes on the day, but the Cinnelli and DeKerf were stunning!
Due to losing a multi-tool during the first descent that my dad had lent me 15 years previously, I can confirm that the first downhill was even more slippery trying to walk up it then riding down! I slid down it a couple of times. After around 30 minutes of hunting I eventually found it. 

Favourite Quotes of the day:

"How can your bike be creaking when your pushing it"

"I didn't just ride it, I owned it" - Ed Edwards

Due to my camera being right at the bottom of my Camelbak and the zip being broken I only took one picture and it was of my own bike!

qB_QsziW_original.jpg

Due to being half-cast ginger I managed to get sunburnt!

9JKGNw_6_original.jpg

uc-rM16K_original.jpg

en53F+yX_original.jpg

Back