Am I wrong in doing this...

Elev12k":2vnali0x said:
jez-2-many-bikes":2vnali0x said:
The fact that those forks on ebay at the moment are going for silly money makes me wonder why bother....when you can have nicely made Ti forks instead.

Probably because this fork has not so much appeal to me, though made out ti ...and the Yo fork does have quite a lot.

To me a worthy alternative for a FAT fork in your bike should be made & designed with the same blood, sweat and tears, dedication, craftmanship as from the original FAT shop, regardless of what material it is made out. This ti fork is probably a cooperation of some marketing guy and a skilled laborer only trying to make a living with the few dollars he get on the other side of the world.

Aesthetics are very important, but to me still even lower in hierarchy to the above, especially (!) when dealing with a bike the immense stature of a FAT Ti. FAT Ti - we are speaking of about the ultimate mountainbike in excistance!

Thanks for inquiring after our opinions. Thanks for me offering me the opportunity to burn this piece down to the ground. Sorry for my not grabbing this opportunity with both hands, in my attempt to stay a modest person.

- Melvin

wow! speak your mind & hold nothing back :D :LOL:

scant":xn47e49c said:
Elev12k":xn47e49c said:
jez-2-many-bikes":xn47e49c said:
The fact that those forks on ebay at the moment are going for silly money makes me wonder why bother....when you can have nicely made Ti forks instead.

Probably because this fork has not so much appeal to me, though made out ti ...and the Yo fork does have quite a lot.

To me a worthy alternative for a FAT fork in your bike should be made & designed with the same blood, sweat and tears, dedication, craftmanship as from the original FAT shop, regardless of what material it is made out. This ti fork is probably a cooperation of some marketing guy and a skilled laborer only trying to make a living with the few dollars he get on the other side of the world.

Aesthetics are very important, but to me still even lower in hierarchy to the above, especially (!) when dealing with a bike the immense stature of a FAT Ti. FAT Ti - we are speaking of about the ultimate mountainbike in excistance!

Thanks for inquiring after our opinions. Thanks for me offering me the opportunity to burn this piece down to the ground. Sorry for my not grabbing this opportunity with both hands, in my attempt to stay a modest person.

- Melvin

wow! speak your mind & hold nothing back :D :LOL:

No, you don't want.

Oh bugger. Good reactions to begin with but damn you purists...

Had a similar conversation about putting various components on the Trimble - I got slated from Doug saying I couldnt use FSX Judys on it cos of the era clash (4 years difference)

BAHHH! Purists!

Personally I do not think 4 years difference will always be a problem. It is very wel imagineable and pretty common that somebody still rides his main ride he bought new four years ago and decides to upgrade it with a suspension fork, right?

If you could get them polished they'd look superb. They look fine as they are. In terms of purity, what are you wanting to achieve? I originally built the P20 with cantilevers, then gave in and put V-brakes on it to make it usuable along side friends on modern bikes ;)

what make is that pete? looks like a titanium tange strut! closest would be litespeed ti fork... but its not 1 of those..

Back