Cyclocross tyres

elPedro666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Looking for a pair, or maybe a couple of pairs of 'cross tyres, clinchers 28c max - does anyone have, or is anyone able to point me at a pair? All I can find are fat monsters...

28C? Blimey.....

Schwalbe CX Pro folders are available in a very skinny 30mm if that's any good. Can get you some for a reasonable £25 each if you can't find any anywhere else.

They're actually great tyres - I run them myself. Only problem is they wear quite fast.

The Schwalbe are good - I have a pair - but don't think that they are as narrow as 28 fitted. Is 28c the widest you can go? And what will you be using the bike for?

They're for a Roger Hammond esque Sirius 753 :cool: I know he ran tubs but it's not a replica as yet, I just want to go racing again!

I was told 28mm was the biggest it'd take, I don't think it's easy tube to bend! Didn't imagine it'd be any trouble as 28's what I used to race on anyway... :?

Cheers for the info, I'll have a go at squeezing whatever random tyres I can find in it, see what fits! :LOL:

Is it possible the 28 bit comes from the diameter? For instance schwalbe call their 700/29" tyres 28's.

As far as I'm aware CX tyres as narrow as 28mm are only available as tubular tyres such as supplied by Vittoria.

For clinchers its 30mm minimum.

They're going a bit pricey :(

Does anyone have a set of 30mm clinchers (Michelin, Scwalbe etc) fitted that they'd be kind enough to measure for me? Then I'll get the calipers in the chainstays and see how tight it is!

Thanks! :D

Back