RetroBike National Ride Series 2011 - Peaks Ride Aftermath

I had a great time on saturday thanks gents , this is proving to be a real classic ride , I especially love the first descent what fun it is sliding down a very steep mud slide :cool: and being one of the first down to the caff all the gates were open too ,a big thanks to those who were involved with the ride it was very well thought out ,imo
oh and I took a few pics
IMAG1264.jpg

IMAG1268.jpg

IMAG1269.jpg

IMAG1273.jpg

IMAG1275.jpg

IMAG1276.jpg

IMAG1279.jpg

IMAG1280.jpg

IMAG1285.jpg

IMAG1288.jpg

IMAG1287.jpg

IMAG1292.jpg

IMAG1298.jpg

IMAG1297.jpg

IMAG1310.jpg

IMAG1316.jpg

IMAG1315.jpg

IMAG1314.jpg

IMAG1317.jpg

IMAG1312.jpg

IMAG1326.jpg

IMAG1328.jpg

IMAG1333.jpg

IMAG1327.jpg

IMAG1331.jpg

IMAG1337.jpg

IMAG1342.jpg

IMAG1340.jpg

IMAG1346.jpg

IMAG1341.jpg

IMAG1347.jpg

cheers ,
Lee.
more pics below
http://s1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... ?start=all

Well what can I say and where do I start to complain. As I climbed what I call Kilimanjaro climbs my head was typing the complaints all the way up every climb, but now that I have had a few days to reflect and my internals are all back in there rightful place I will say what a great day and well put together as usual.

I sat there when I got home looking at the muddy fox thinking and remembering how much fun I had on the day. Thanks goes out to ed, John, and to everyone who attended and to all who put so much effort into listening to my moaning on the ups and screaming on the downs.

Big thanks also goes out to Andy B for inspiring me to go through every puddle.

My friend G does not have access to a computer to leave his comments so he asked me to say what a great experience considering he never rides off road and thanks to all.

Well I must leave it there due to the fact that the misses is trying to drag me down to the carribean sea.

Thanks andy

An apology from me:

In most of the meets I've attended I've felt a bit 'fatty at the back' - fitness not really being up to it, always being near the back and generally holding everybody up. As just mentioned to Weeman_mtb, whilst retaining some fitness left over from commuting, I was determined to be at the front dammit!

So an apology from me to all that may have thought I was being a bit ignorant, I was just proving something to myself and apart from the bike being set up wrong for the ride, I enjoyed every minute of and could have carried on for more.

So, its also thanks to Retrobike as a whole for another great day out and an epiphany whilst holding the gate open and looking at the view...

That's really cool. I have been hoping for a couple of years that I could speed up and not be the guy at the back all the time. I'm chuffed that you managed to get in the pack - what's that like??

The most important thing is that riding is fun. My slowness is the only thing that stops me enjoying things as much as I could.

legrandefromage":1egvw7zk said:
An apology from me:

In most of the meets I've attended I've felt a bit 'fatty at the back' - fitness not really being up to it, always being near the back and generally holding everybody up. As just mentioned to Weeman_mtb, whilst retaining some fitness left over from commuting, I was determined to be at the front dammit!

So an apology from me to all that may have thought I was being a bit ignorant, I was just proving something to myself and apart from the bike being set up wrong for the ride, I enjoyed every minute of and could have carried on for more.

So, its also thanks to Retrobike as a whole for another great day out and an epiphany whilst holding the gate open and looking at the view...

Another amazing day and just what retrobike is all about.

Big thank you to the organisers, it can be no easy feat to ensure 50+ people made it up and down in close to one peice, bar a few scuffs and scrapes.
Also a massive thank you to LGF for giving my bike a pre ride service and ensuring my hastily put together steed ran as smooth as a greasy slimy smooth thing the whole ride.

anyways a few pics

The ride began in the usual way with the preride lecture, name tags were issued and we were warned about the local women

Attachments

• K25.jpg
    K25.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 1,294
  • K28.jpg
    K28.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 1,294
  • K23.jpg
    K23.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 1,294
  • K24.jpg
    K24.jpg