Anybody from the Crawley area?

I started riding in leechpool woods back in the late 70's. Haven't been there for years, or over to the Hammer Ponds. Post up if you are doing a ride, it would be good to take a trip down memory lane.

Malcolm":3cjcz4d6 said:
You should also make the trip down to Leechpool woods horsham as it has some lovely technical forest sections I'll try and post up some pics and vids at the weekend

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell everyone!

When is a good time for a ride then, assuming that not everyone will have suitable lights for forest riding a weekend perhaps.

Tilgate or Horsham or both if you've the energy - that means 12 or 24 miles basically.

Put your suggestions forward and hopefully we can make it happen......

:)

(I can't do earlier than 10.30am start btw otherwise almost anything)

Either a Saturday or Sunday would be best for me, but can't do this weekend as taking a trip down to the car racing at Goodwood. Other than that pretty flexible

im easy, will follow the crowd. just cant do weekend of 25th sept as im running a half marathon on the sunday

Retro ride

Hi,
Butting in, I live in horley- tillage has a big loop for xc but is more free ride orientated. I have a Klein would around for a Sunday ride. Is leech pools any good? Found some trails south of town from the old part of town centre which were ok, some old dismantled jumps and ok sections.

There is a lot of nice stealth s-t at Tilgate. Shall we wait now until the Leith Hill ride and organise something then.....I'm leading that so come and say hello, hopefully we can get it going for a mid-morn Sat if that suits..

:)

I grew up in Crawley, and when I first started mountain biking we rode Tilgate and St Leonards Forest. I'm now up in Twickenham, but I'd certainly pop back for a weekend ride.

Back