Best 'retro' magazine

rutteger

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Dyna-Tech Fan
What was your favourite mag from back in the day? MBA? MBUK? MBi? Fat Tire Flyer?

My personal selection comes from those which were available in the UK (where I live) and around in the early 90s (when I started riding).

I reckon MBA and MBUK pre about 1992 and any MTB Pro get my vote.

I mostly read MBUK's in the 90's, therefore, it has to be MBUK,for sheer retro panache :cool:.

MBUK of course, then MBI, but I suppose that MBA was always good for sneak previews off stuff we would get eventually :) .

MBA, purely as they regularly tested the cool, ultra rare & priccey stuff on a regular basis.
I have the 1st 3 MBUKs stashed away somewhere ;)

Def' MBUK - aged 15 it was one of the few "cool" mags available.
I take the point on MBA but it wasn't as good as MBUK which had style, attitude and MINT SAUCE!!!

Def' MBUK - aged 15 it was one of the few "cool" mags available.
I take the point on MBA but it wasn't as good as MBUK which had style, attitude and MINT SAUCE!!!

Sorry - I hadn't logged in! :LOL:

deelam":1m9ujxjp said:

...and a lot of BULA and pairs of Oakley Frogskins. Oh for the good old days.

And Mint rules. I've started (rather empty) thread here in the mag scans section dedicated to Mint.

I wish I had kept all my old MBUKs - i must have had several year's worth. Sorry I cannot contribute to Mint Sauce scans!
Come on people! Others out there must have old MBUKs they can scan up?

Back