please educate me on kona...

I'm just disappointed to see bike snobbery on RetroBike, I mean what's wrong with halfords ;)

Adam, your small penis is of little comfort to my wounded heart ...

In order to make it up to me you can give me your expert opinion on which fork I should replace the 'RST' with ??

If I had a 99 Kava Dome I would strip it. Find some Project 2s and send them both to Bob Jackson Cycles to be chromed.

Then I would stick my "Chrome Dome" decals in 1996 Kona jungle style text Gil did for me and build it back up with as a homage to one of the most popular bikes that, probably more than any other bike, has introduced more people to the wonderful world of MTBing and Konas.

Chroming would cost you £200 for the frame and forks and stick everying else you had back on it.

It would be rigid but absolutley s#it hot!!!

ok, not sure I understood all of that (whats Gil ?) but I'll ponder it ..

where are you and your encyclopedic kona brain situated by the way ??

Soz. Gil_m is a chap on this forum who is able to make declas for bikes.

He has all the Kona decals on file up to 97/98 (I think) and has printed me a full sticker set for a 1996 Lava Dome (in the jungle font they used to use) but instead of saying Lava Dome, it says Chrome Dome. Geddit? It rhymes and everything!

My plan was to build up and chrome plate an old Lava Dome or Cinder Cone or something and give birth to a Chrome Dome.

It sounds fairly lavish and bling bling but I havent got a bike to do it with.

I am on the look out for a cheapy-cheap-cheap pre 1997 Kona to do it to.

I live in Pembrokehsire. But I don't get out much.

That is certainly a plan and a half .. I have a new project to start on Sunday, dismantling a 1988 RockHopper Comp and then putting it back together, my first attempt at bike mechanics .. bound to be a fiasco !

There's a 1992 Lava Dome on e-bay at the moment .. 3 days left and currently at £25

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Kona-Lava-Dome-19 ... dZViewItem

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
adamgent":375rmf38 said:
Soz. Gil_m is a chap on this forum who is able to make declas for bikes.

He has all the Kona decals on file up to 97/98 (I think) and has printed me a full sticker set for a 1996 Lava Dome (in the jungle font they used to use) but instead of saying Lava Dome, it says Chrome Dome. Geddit? It rhymes and everything!

My plan was to build up and chrome plate an old Lava Dome or Cinder Cone or something and give birth to a Chrome Dome.

It sounds fairly lavish and bling bling but I havent got a bike to do it with.

I am on the look out for a cheapy-cheap-cheap pre 1997 Kona to do it to.

I live in Pembrokehsire. But I don't get out much.

Ah, great to learn! Will get in touch with Gil asap :)

Back