The NW&NW Area: General Chat Thread

giant-one":3osw5z2j said:
How about a blast around Lee and Crag Quarry in Bacup??

Permission for modern silliness on those rocks :shock: :LOL:

I've got an absolutely belting old-school route in the Peaks if everyone's feeling epic?! One of MrLee & Vern's regulars too I believe - set off from Barber Booth (free parking under the railway bridge) up to Rushup Edge, to the bottom, turn right on the Pennine bridleway & back over Jacobs ladder. The run back to the car goes on & on, some amazing descending and practically none of it on tarmac ;)

Not particularly long, but it does take time & effort, befitting of a mid-nineties magazine 'Classic Route' :D

Just realised that the last weekend in September is this weekend.
As such I'll be doing the route below on Saturday 24th:

guidebooks03.jpg

If anyone wants to join me than please say so here. Meet up in Hayfield at about 11am and decide which direction to tackle the loop depending on which way the wind is blowing.

I won't put up a full announcement thread this time though.

Anyone welcome but no modern bikes please.

drystonepaul":2dd4wufx said:

If anyone wants to join me than please say so here. Meet up in Hayfield at about 11am and decide which direction to tackle the loop depending on which way the wind is blowing.

I'll have to miss this one, finally got an electrician booked for Sat to do some work, only took a year.

Hope you have better weather than I had on sat when I did a 70 mile charity road ride with work, one puddle I went through came up to the hubs on my wheels!!

Is anyone thinking of joining me on Saturday?

I might be picking up some bike related stuff at some point over the weekend so I could do with seeing how flexible I can be time wise.

drystonepaul":1rppzfvo said:

guidebooks03.jpg

I'm very surprised Mrlee hasn't chipped in on this one, its a ride he's done many times ;)

Ps the arrows in the pic give a clue as to which way the route should be done :LOL:

kaya":2480dt2c said:
Ps the arrows in the pic give a clue as to which way the route should be done :LOL:

I drew the arrows onto the page shortly after I got the book. It does match the route description though.
Although the route does work both ways, the descents are better going anti-clockwise.

I may switch the ride to Sunday instead by the way. I'm keen to do it this weekend, so let me know if there is anyone who wants to join me on either day.

Back