RIDES FOR 2012?

We definitely need to get a ride sorted in the South Yorkshire area and it would be nice to try some other unexplored areas too.

I would like to include Sherwood Pines as one of our monthly regional events as I think everyone who made the trip enjoyed the ride and meeting up with some of our neighboring area groups.

Marc, Dalby certainly deserves a place on the calendar and as Vern says it would be a good location for January or February when the weather could be playing havoc with the higher moorland routes.

I was going to draw up a draft copy of next years proposed rides but until we know the dates of the national's it seems a waste of time, so lets just keep the ideas coming in and we can sort the dates later on.

You could always draw up a provisional list Chris. Getting it down on paper always helps as folk can then see what is what and make suggestions. It gives you a better mental picture too to be able to stagger north/south, saturday/sunday and ride leader duties.

As for Dalby.... Christmas Pudding Run around the holidays has become a tradition and the only time you get to ride with Gil these days. :cry:

Oh yes the Pudding Run goes without saying but I don't think it would hurt to have another ride up there up either, those who have ridden with Gil know how much off piste stuff there is to explore.

Will draw up a provisional list after the weekend ;)

Hope to see you all tomorrow and I hope you get everything sorted Si and make it down to the peaks.

Been looking at the Howgills over the weekend. By the way it's part of the Yorkshire Dales National Park north west corner anyway.

The ones we were looking at all start from Sedbergh.

Got quite a few routes around Hawes, Arkengarthdale, Swaledale etc that I can put forward?

Also there is a route myself, beavis and brocklanders do that's about 20mile ish around Skipton. Elpedro rode it earlier this year with brock and liked it.

Proposed calender for NE & Yorks regional events 2012

JANUARY -

FEBRUARY -

MARCH - Kaya's Kildale Cake Run

APR -

MAY - The Hell Of Horcum

JUNE - Sherwood Pines

JULY - Settle To Malham

AUGUST -

SEPTEMBER - MR K's Day In The Peaks

OCTOBER -

NOVEMBER -

DECEMBER -

The above is just a quick mock up of what next years calender could look like and I thought we could all add our ideas on what month etc certain rides should be held. The nationals will have to be fitted in their somewhere too preferably with the usual two week break either side of their dates.

Si are you going to lead the Xmas Dalby ride and if so do you want it just after Xmas as usual or shall we drop it into January?

Back