Rock Shox on the Road?

Iwasgoodonce

Old School Grand Master
I have a video of 'The Hell of the North' from the mid 90's and several riders were using what look like Mag 21's made for 700c wheels. Here is a fantastic photo of the eventual winner, one of my favourite riders from around that time, Andre Tchmil. Were these forks ever offered to the public? I have never seen any for sale. Just thought it would be fun to try to recreate a Paris Roubaix replica.

What do you think?

Attachments

• Tchmil.jpg
    Tchmil.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 3,155
Iwasgoodonce":2ky2lboq said:
I have a video of 'The Hell of the North' from the mid 90's and several riders were using what look like Mag 21's ................ Just thought it would be fun to try to recreate a Paris Roubaix replica.

What do you think?

That would be great to see. A Greg Lemond/Robert Miller replica would be very cool!

I just found this picture of a 'Lemond Soft-tail' with Rockshox and Scott Drop-Ins. Not seen one before

Attachments

• 09_2229_lemond_bike.jpg
    09_2229_lemond_bike.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 3,155
Kev, that is one good looking bike. In the same video, another iconic rider, Johan Museeuw, was I'm sure, riding a full suspension bike. It looked a lot more complex than the Lemond and probably had too much travel. Certainly for the Paris Rubaix race the following year, Museeuw swore that he would not even use an extra roll of bar tape to cushion the ride!

Tchmil was on an Eddy Merckx and Musseuw's full sus was a Bianchi

Sorry for stating the obvious but thought you couldn't see through the mud!

The year before (91) Gilbert Duclos (sp?) won on a Gan Lemond with Mag 21s.

just bought a set off ebay to go on my slingshot roadie. they are like new and very lovely! I'll post a photo as soon as I can

Is it me are all the photographs missing from this? They were there earlier but seem to have naffed off! Or is it me?

pete_mcc":2s9wdo9a said:
just bought a set off ebay to go on my slingshot roadie. they are like new and very lovely! I'll post a photo as soon as I can

Nice.. Looking out for a set of these at the moment.. Let me know if they never make it onto the Sling and you'd consider selling ;)

The earlier Roubaix' look heaps better than the Rubys.. :?

Back