Forgive me my singlespeed friends.......

Why not alfine it? i rode my 2006 p7 for ages ss, then bought a alfine 8 and have never looked back, i love the flexibality of it and now where rd sections were a chore, they are almost enjoyable now .)
:p

sm500":2qciazmq said:
Why not alfine it? i rode my 2006 p7 for ages ss, then bought a alfine 8 and have never looked back, i love the flexibality of it and now where rd sections were a chore, they are almost enjoyable now .)

I have been thinking of going that route for a while....I think the alfine shifter puts me off :roll: :LOL:

sm500":xzje1oqa said:

I have been thinking of going that route for a while....I think the alfine shifter puts me off :roll: :LOL:

I wouldnt worry about the shifter, to be honest i dont even notice it now, i thought i would at first but I soon got use to it , and for me having more flexability riding far outways the ugly shifter :LOL:

Harryburgundy":1bf7l41n said:
sm500":1bf7l41n said:
Have to say that looks lush ,) What does it ride like with them there tires?*? :LOL:

The tyres are/were a mistake and they won't be replaced. Slow and heavy. I was quite surprised as I had the Super Moto versions before and they were fine but I kept getting punctures in them.
When I have a few quid I'll replace them.

Yeah, Big Apples look the business, but they're not the best tyres indeed.
The 2" ones are okay, but I found the 2.35s to lose grip at random and without warning. They also wander around under hard braking.
Maybe they're okay when you put them on very wide rims, but on normal ones they're horrid.

I switched to Bontrager Hank 2.2 inchers, and haven't looked back.
They're not much lighter (750 vs 825gr) , but they're predictable, grippy and I haven't had a flat since I installed them. They're also faster due to the dual compound.

Back