RetroBike National Ride Series 2011 - Peaks Ride Aftermath

First a big thanks to all who attended as its you who make the day so success full :cool: also to all the chaps in yellow for keeping it smooth, flowing and always enjoyable.

I tryed to get a pic of everyone who was there, I'm sorry if I missed you but there was quite a few there.

Heres some pics and a link to my album, feel free you copy any you like.

Link to album:- http://s746.photobucket.com/albums/xx10 ... e%20Peaks/

Picture133.jpg

Picture138.jpg

Picture141.jpg

Picture148.jpg

Picture159.jpg

Picture166.jpg

Picture172.jpg

Picture175.jpg

Picture202.jpg

Picture203.jpg

Picture228.jpg

Picture245.jpg

Picture246.jpg

Picture253.jpg

Picture257.jpg

Picture288.jpg

Picture303.jpg

Picture311.jpg

Picture324.jpg

Picture339.jpg

Picture343.jpg

Picture346.jpg

Picture363.jpg

Picture374.jpg

Thanks for looking and see you all soon ;)

Days like today are what Retrobike is all about for me ! Great people , fantastic trails .....awesome !! :cool:

Will upload some pic's soon ;)

Another stonking day :cool:

Well worth he trip up. Great to see all old and new people and a great selection of bikes. for some reason have Caravan names drumming in head and were even checking out names on way home :LOL: we saw a Swift if you were wondering Tad !

Thanks to all the gate openers and to the great organisation from the AEC's

Kudos to the organisers for making 50 odd riders not bunch up and make it feel like small groups where it was needed. Worked very well.

Also sorry to all those that had to suddenly stop and walk up the steep section just after the horses and water when my chain didn't play ball, but you all could have got back on and ridden up it ;)

It was quite nice mending my snake bite (twice :oops: , must remember to check for the other hole) and taking in the views and quiet in the Sun.

P1040541.JPG

P1040532.JPG

P1040533.JPG

P1040536.JPG

Gravy Monster":2y5fhf5i said:
Thanks to all the gate openers and to the great organisation from the AEC's

+1

Gate openers made the downhills ACE! There is quite a few in the Peaks and they do come quite often so this was very much appreciated.

So well organised too - I am sure a lot more effort than was obvious on the day went into sorting everything out and I am very thankful for it. :-D

Rock rock rock bounce rut rock bounce rock rock rock rock bounce bump rock bounce bump bump rut rut bounce bump rock

Mr K's Peaks Ride

Just brilliant:eek:raganisation: people: gate openers a huge thanks to everyone.

Apologies for cheating by using a 29er to win the hill climb. However, it was a huge honour and privilege to carry the monkey of Hope for the East Midlands group.

Men of the ride?
1. Mr K for knowingly riding down Bradwell bank with drop bars: Barking. I just wish I had the bottle.
2. Steve for repeatedly and determindly throwing his body to the ground in an attempt to make it match the red bits on his bike. Steve: you know you can buy red clothing?
3. Whoever it was who gallantly ground up the last hill only to be overtaken by a runner: A real show of mind over a clearly knackered body, well done.
4. The organisers. Clearly a lot of thought had gone into making it a great day for the riders AND other people on the hills.

Cheers everyone

John B

I really enjoyed the day great company and as said elsewhere hats off to all the gate openers and organisers it ran very smoothly ;)
Mam Tor was a highlight for me and not killing myself on the decsent back to Hope was a bonus :shock:
Thanks for the most spectacular crash award I think from the scratches on my legs that there must have been a tiger sitting in the tree I landed in :roll:
I feel beat up this morning although Cider may have something to do with it :LOL:
I had to chuckle when on the way home I overtook a car towing a "Pageant" no less ;)

Back