Am I wrong in doing this...

ti forks

yeah I share Rody's sentiments too, although they look ace, if they rode good too then it could be justifiable...best let me test them out on my FAT Ti :!:

...or just being pedantic to keep pushing the price up lol

I kind of like these forks that I have on there at the moment. Uber light and well made and they suit the bike quite well. The fact that they are Ti was the original attraction and the fact that they look a little like the Fat fork is bonus.

The fact that those forks on ebay at the moment are going for silly money makes me wonder why bother....when you can have nicely made Ti forks instead.

Will give them a good hard polishin' and rig up the brakes tonight.

scant":2xrq8sxr said:
stevek":2xrq8sxr said:
To appease your conscience, use 'em until you get a pair of pukka Fat Chance forks?

Jez is trying ;)

Yeah, saw that a coupla days ago. ;)

Jez, if they're well made and are sympathetic to the style of the bike then why not? I know that you'd prefer the original article but it's not always possible is it?

They look good to me.

:)

That looks like the absolute mutts nuts!
They look for all the world like back-in-the-day Kili Elite forks ( which did come from China ).

jez-2-many-bikes":2bayodik said:
The fact that those forks on ebay at the moment are going for silly money makes me wonder why bother....when you can have nicely made Ti forks instead.

Probably because this fork has not so much appeal to me, though made out ti ...and the Yo fork does have quite a lot.

To me a worthy alternative for a FAT fork in your bike should be made & designed with the same blood, sweat and tears, dedication, craftmanship as from the original FAT shop, regardless of what material it is made out. This ti fork is probably a cooperation of some marketing guy and a skilled laborer only trying to make a living with the few dollars he get on the other side of the world.

Aesthetics are very important, but to me still even lower in hierarchy to the above, especially (!) when dealing with a bike the immense stature of a FAT Ti. FAT Ti - we are speaking of about the ultimate mountainbike in excistance!

Thanks for inquiring after our opinions. Thanks for me offering me the opportunity to burn this piece down to the ground. Sorry for my not grabbing this opportunity with both hands, in my attempt to stay a modest person.

- Melvin

Back