IMG_0436-1.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

003-4.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

002-5.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

img0998um.jpg

;)

1992 Orange Prestige - frame number A203 3794 (March '92 made in Taiwan by A-Pro)

New Spec List in its current guise:

Drivetrain

XT thumbies M732; Deore MT-60 chainset; 46/36/24t SG chainrings; XT front mech M732; XT rear mech M735; HG30 7spd cassette; SRAM PC-870 chain; UN54 bottom bracket 68x122.5mm; Ritchey Logic 1" threaded headset

Brakes

XT cantis; XT pads; Dia-Compe SS-5 levers

Pilot compartment

ControlTech stem; Answer Hyperlite bar; ODI (Tomac) Attack grips; Flite Alpes ti saddle; DX seatpost 26.8mm; Shimano PD-M520 pedals

Wheels

Mavic M231 CD rims on Deore DX hubs ; Continental tubes; Ritchey Logic QR's; Velox rim tape; Ritchey Alpha Bite & Omega Bite 2.1'' amberwall tyres

;)

'pilot compartment' :LOL: :LOL:

Great job Matty. Really like the colour way on this one... Missed out on it when it was originally for sale on eBay at my neck of the woods!

Got the amber wall knobblies for it too? I reckon you'll change the stem after a few rides though... Just a hunch! :LOL:

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

love it, wasnt to keen on the colour at first, but second look and i like it as its different :) and if you ever wanted to sell it ;)

Cheers, chaps ;)

Yep, still a few bits need tweaking as its only in its first incarnation, don't forget! - will no doubt look a bit different a few weeks down the line!

You're right about the mech, Edd, but this'll do for the time being. As for the saddle, a bit of a contentious choice I admit but I was trying to replicate the Orange catalogue of that year where the majority of the bikes had brown saddles fitted. Got a Flite/USE combo on my Alu 'O', so wanted something a bit different here, but i've got the correct sized shim for the Prestige so will pop up a photo to please the Flite afficianodos :LOL:

Slicks on for now (until winter) as its in commuter mode, Ben :D

No suitable amberwalls yet, but got a pair of Conti Cross Country 1.5's waiting to go on...albeit in a blackwall... :oops: :D No doubt I'll pick up a pair soon, though. As for the stem, its not that easy picking one up in a 22,2mm flavour but its fine for road use, if a little stretched out!

Going on a proper ride this Sunday, so will report back then but having taken it for it quick spin, I'm very happy with it - very fast and responsive, runs like, er, ....clockwork :LOL: Thought I'd done a good job on it until you see Sinnerman's on the same page!! :D :D

Cheers,

Matty

Back