Dave Lloyd Concept'90

Henne

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Here is my Dave Lloyd 653 road bike. I purchased the frame, forks, seatpin, stem, bars and headset together a few years ago as a project after some 15yrs after my first road bike restoration project - a Claud Butler Majestic which I later sold.

This DL was something that I couldn't pass up as I had always wanted a handbuilt frame with fillet lugwork and of course didn't have the funds to buy one new. She wears a mixture of Shimano Ultegra, 105 and Tiagra components and is 9spd.

She is nimble, comfortable and of course quick and always a pleasure to ride. Hope you enjoy the pics.

Attachments

• IMG_2430 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2430 (Medium).JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 1,980
  • IMG_2264 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2264 (Medium).JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,980
  • IMG_2263 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2263 (Medium).JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 1,980
  • IMG_2265 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2265 (Medium).JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,980
I really like the concept 90.

If that were mine I would have dura ace on it or Campag record - it deserves top end kit.

In terms of geometry on the bike this seems as the Chesini early 90's, as used at that time by the Belgian team La William.

dutchie":1i3ttvhc said:
In terms of geometry on the bike this seems as the Chesini early 90's, as used at that time by the Belgian team La William.

As advertised here (if you can find it!) in the very first issue of 'Cycle Sport' magazine.

I saw them in the Het Volk that year. They looked quite rough as if they'd been in a rush to get them finished!

I reckon the Dave Lloyd is a lot nicer! Lovely bike, I've always liked them myself as well.

Attachments

• RidgeRacing93.jpg
    RidgeRacing93.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 1,739

Latest posts

Back