boy"O"boy's Alpinestars AL-Mega DX

al mega

oohh, i ,ve just bought one of these and if it turns out half as nice as yours i,ll be well pleased.

cheers drew

very very cool! the paintjob is amazing! Both neon and alu bikes are not my favourite retrobikes, but this one is really :cool:

...just a shame you can't actually ride it though :?

Which kind of makes the whole exercise a tad pointless does it not?

it's been a lonnnnnnnnng hard day, and I'm a few pints of beer into the evening, so forgive if I've missed something, but WHY is it unuseable.. ??? :?

boy"O"boy":1xqu5ve9 said:
At some point in it's life, there had been a small lengthways fracture in the top tube that had been repaired.
Unfortunately, to get to the bare metal, they'd taken an angle grinder to a localised area and had ground several flat spots on the tube. This would have thinned the wall thickness in this area. :cry:

The rest of the frame was sound and straight though so I decided to continue with a full 'original spec' resto, although when finished it would be a garage queen rather than a 'rider'

Just seems a shame to go to all that effort and expense then just look at it... :?

Each to their own I guess?

cheers fella... my beer goggles are well steamed up tonight... ;)

I've never broke one, and I'm a hell of a bunter (as you know, from Mayhem) but yeah I'd have to agree once Mr A.Grinder comes out to play then maybe garage queen is best option...

I see it as art, in a way, and not a waste of an exercise... and what a great piece to have hanging in the house somewhere... far better than a rembrant, picasso or Klimt, maybe... ?

Back