RetroBike National Ride Series - Peaks - 10/09/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to this one again, Will be on the early shift from Bristol sat am & will have Heathy as co-pilot :LOL:

Any suggestions on sock strategy yet ? ? :LOL: :cool:

See you at the Cafe

I have prepare by pouring white spirit over my canelbak, losing my tyre levers and buying some non matching and possibly inappropriate clothing, including some roadie shoes. But I did buy an energy bar, so that's ok. :-D

Being as my lowest ratio is 26/28 when I am used to 22/32 I was a little worried. Then I spied the 20t ring on a Suntour microdrive chainset I recently required...... Tempted!!

well, i have been working solid for almost the last 2 weeks, combination of day and night shifts, so now it's 2am and i can't sleep coz i was out like a light at 730pm! i am leaving tomorrow around midday as part of my roadtrip before the big event but i haven't packed anything, the bikes i am bringing still need sorting out and i know i'll be going backwards on every hill!!

still looking forward to it though!! :D :D

also, i'm bringing my buddy adam along again. so everyone he already knows better watch out, he's a bear hugger!! :LOL:

Attachments

• adam_hugs_a_sumo_rider_171.jpg
    adam_hugs_a_sumo_rider_171.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 525
Car passed it's MOT - yep (last weekend)
Car packed - no
Bike selected - no
General stuff packed - no
Box of bits for post ride rummage sale packed - yep

Still 50/50 for me.
I'm going to be working late again tonight. Bike fettled and kit packed ready on standby though.If I do make it, I won't be camping tonight but setting off early in the morning to be there for breakfast.

Fingers crossed and safe journey to all.

Si

There will be an informal 'K Pride Gentleman Rider Breakfast' tomorrow starting at 9.00am in the Woodbine Cafe, with well known raconteur and after breakfast speaker Ed Edwards providing us with inspirational words of wisdom....

Attachments

• Fulsome English.jpg
    Fulsome English.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 1,048
Dr S":xw62uwyh said:
Still 50/50 for me.
I'm going to be working late again tonight. Bike fettled and kit packed ready on standby though.If I do make it, I won't be camping tonight but setting off early in the morning to be there for breakfast.

Fingers crossed and safe journey to all.

Si

Hope you make it down Si ;)

Jealous as hell? Me?

Too 'kin right I am - sitting here Friday morning (my only day off this week...) browsing through this thread wondering exactly why I bother working my *rse off the way I do only to have to miss out on all this good craic :oops:

Derbyshire is my home county (lots of relatives I haven't seen for years...) and I don't get up enough as it is, but I shall be in a foul mood all weekend knowing what I'm missing out on :evil:

Hope you all have a cracking weekend and I look forward to the 'aftermath' thread...

All the best from a wet and dreary East Sussex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back