My Saracen Kili Comp - remodelled in a kinda Cruiser stylee

Yeah, I'm leaning more towards 'em again - though that may have something to do with my faulty security light strobing and brainwashing me into it... :LOL:

Yeah, reckon you're right - I was wondering about getting one of those bargain Charge saddles in brown to go on it but if I did I'd want the tan suede effect one?

As it is I have a once-white Flite that is probably just about discoloured enough to not clash too horribly - I'll try it when the seatpost arrives and stick another pic up, see what you think...

I used to run the cream version of smoke/dart on my purple Saracen and always loved the look - love that Saracen purple as well. Nice bike. :)

drystonepaul":2425gmnx said:
Any idea on the year for this Steve? The decals aren't original are they?

It's 1994, same as mine in my signature.

LOVELY bike.

Mine has full XT (M737) which works flawlessly.

Have a nicer seat on it now but last photo of it:

IMG_3863-1.jpg

drystonepaul":cgazwugy said:
Any idea on the year for this Steve? The decals aren't original are they?

I wasn't sure about the year, but 'thank you' to Coomber for the heads up... :cool:

It didn't have any decals when I got it from the LBS - either they'd been removed to try and stop anyone from nicking it (Brighton being Brighton!) or it had been nicked at some point and stripped before ending up at the LBS - I dunno?

What I do know is they made a mess of it for whatever motive, and there's a couple of dings in the top tube but hey ho...

As for the decals it now wears, they came courtesy of gil_m; I actually ordered two sets because I have something else on the go that will see the light of day soon...

I know it should have the same style as Coomber's but I like the e-stay style and I think it makes it look more 'current' - if that's not an odd description of a 'retro' bike?

The finishing kit will be M735 throughout, but Ritchey Logic cranks with Sugino rings (...and yes I know Logics are Ritchey branded Sugino but I have one complete set and a spare pair of cranks so the Ritchey rings are going on the best cranks for my other build and the Sugino rings are going on here...) - I know what I mean anyway! :roll:

I'm not concerned with making it look like a catalogue model; I didn't BITD (I used to go to my LBS in Norwich, buy a frame I liked that they had hanging from the roof in the workshop, and fit whatever kit I could bargain them down on - their nickname for me was 'Mr Marin' after the late '80s Palisades I had from them which started the rot! :LOL: ) so I'm not going to now;

Hence the dayglo nightmare that used to be Harry Crumbs immaculate resto Cro-Mega!

Back