A Fairy Story - 1992 GT Tequesta Wreck Rescue FINISHED

Very cool build!! And as said before, great story too. Love how "compact" it looks, seems like a lovely singletrack machine!

Rio":3yu8ouk1 said:
Very cool build!! And as said before, great story too. Love how "compact" it looks, seems like a lovely singletrack machine!

I've no idea yet - last time I rode one offroad was 17 years ago and it was the 18" size.....

Next project will be starting soon - GT and Suntour together.......

Rob Atkin":3aybw28b said:
Rio":3aybw28b said:

I've no idea yet - last time I rode one offroad was 17 years ago and it was the 18" size.....

Next project will be starting soon - GT and Suntour together.......

17 years, a great reunion then!!

I have had this pump since around 1988-1992 ish. I remember it costing me a fortune but its the only reliable pump I've ever had, lasting longer than more expensive and modern pumps.
It's the only thing I had left from when I originally had one of these bikes - its nice that I still have it.
I've just treated it to a good clean and lube (it's earn't it over 20 years!) and it looks like the day I bought it..

I give you the Mt Zefal Plus MTB pump - frame fit pump!

dbbde9e4.jpg

Amazing story and build

I wish I could find my GT Outpost. It was a 94 as a Christmas present that was stolen the following summer. I love the 90's GT's. Some of the most character of any MTB of that era imo. I had a blacklight 94 tequesta I think I should have kept. Very cool bike indeed! Your attention to detail shows throughout.

Thats an awesome story/build

My passion for 90's MTB's is getting re-kindled quickly and the lookout for my project has already started

Thanks for all the kinds words, unfotunately all the parts will be used for a new frame I have on the way. I will be on the lookout for an identical frame in the 18" size as this one is too small for me. :-(

Back