Bog roll, beans, & more - KARMA!

BoyBurning":3lzh9cvp said:
John":3lzh9cvp said:
I'd really not advise using the Henry Bag in anything other than a wall hanger.

John - please refer my previous response to Mr K.

Let's keep things civil please. I don't want to have to instruct my lawyer to pursue defamation charges against RetroBike and it's owner.

BB

Have you seen what can happen when a Henry bag explodes following an improper repair after emptying? If you have to get it emptied and repaired you should only take it to a registered Henry service centre. This really isn't a job for your mate Barry with a MIG welder.

I'll see you in court big man.

BoyBurning":1y7lbro9 said:
It is most certainly 'USED', but this does not in itself imply failure.

You've already said that it's 9/10ths full and that will, inveitably, have put a stress through certain areas. The Mk I that Mr K is looking at restoring has a taller stack height than a Mk II, for example. In the Mk II the bag rests on the base - removing some of the stress to the mountings. Fit that to a Mk I and Mr K's sack will be swinging free and in danger of immenent explosion. That could get messy. ;)

John":wvewevrc said:
BoyBurning":wvewevrc said:
John":wvewevrc said:
I'd really not advise using the Henry Bag in anything other than a wall hanger.

John - please refer my previous response to Mr K.

Let's keep things civil please. I don't want to have to instruct my lawyer to pursue defamation charges against RetroBike and it's owner.

BB

Have you seen what can happen when a Henry bag explodes following an improper repair after emptying? If you have to get it emptied and repaired you should only take it to a registered Henry service centre. This really isn't a job for your mate Barry with a MIG welder.

I'll see you in court big man.

I see - coming back with the charm offensive now are you John?

Listen, I have never recommended re-filling the bag. In fact, if you cast your eyes back to the first page I specifically told the 4' 6" midget that the bag was not refillable.

I have also mentioned that I have no friends, certainly not one named Barry wielding a MIG welder.

I think people really need to just take a step back now and think before they type away. Just see this for the generous act it is, and also please acquire the common sense needed to understand that a PAPER bag cannot safely be welded - even by a Weld-Meister like Rody.

I shall state again:

The bag is not broken. Nor would it be repairable if it were. Nor is the bag refillable, and I would strongly advise against any attempts to empty it.

Despairingly,
BB

'Despairingly' you say?

The law of karma, says only this: `for every event that occurs, there will follow another event whose existence was caused by the first, and this second event will be pleasant or unpleasant according as its cause was skillful or unskillful.'

Man up and take responsibility for what you've started...

mrkawasaki":39l2520j said:
'Despairingly' you say?

The law of karma, says only this: `for every event that occurs, there will follow another event whose existence was caused by the first, and this second event will be pleasant or unpleasant according as its cause was skillful or unskillful.'

Man up and take responsibility for what you've started...

Oh bugger really?

Is that what Karma is?

I thought it was a type of Volkswagen that I'd get in return for my generosity?

Not sure if I want to get rid of all my cool shit now...

But, as you suggest, I'll man up and take it - have plenty of experience now from my Bottom Sales thread.

I've had a think about it and in light of previous comments I'd like you to remove my name from the karma lottery giveaway for the part used/repairable/dangerous vacuum cleaner bag.

Please tear up my ticket or snap my lollipop stick or whatever it takes to ensure I don't have to contemplate any sticking, glueing or welding. Or midgets. (Is the midget included by the way?)

That said I still reckon your karma is pretty awesome. Have you any pictures of the 7 inches of pine or any of your other 'cool shit'?

Also: Now my suspicions are raised due to the obvious misrepresentation of the vacuum cleaner bag/ticking time bomb, I'm now wondering which half of the half used roll of bog paper is actually being given away here....?

drystonepaul":2wsn12h9 said:
I'm now wondering which half of the half used roll of bog paper is actually being given away here....?

The 'cool shit' half, naturally...

BB

Interested in the 7 inch 2 x 1 length of pine pending pics. Several high res pics that you can't be arsed to resize so we have to scroll along the page would suffice. Could you make sure that there is at least five pics of each side and could you confirm that it is regular / antique / pressure treated pine. Also are there any cosmetic marks or defects? Only once you have gone to the trouble to take pics, host them online, click and paste until your hand falls off, will I decide I no longer need the wood after ignoring your PMs for a week.

Si

PS. Is it actually seven inches or is it a case of optomistic measuring involving pushing the hair back and looking down at an angle to give a false reading?

Thanks.

PPS. Would you take £2 for postage? I'll go as far as £3 for before 9am next day special delivery if you get it insured and make a decent effort to package it up.

I think I will take a ticket for the bag ,I no I can convert this into the bladder I need to finish that unicorn of a camelback, many thanks and cant wait,
Lee.
p.s what size is the intake bore of the mk 1 henry bag ?

Back